Author Topic: Connecting two ipads  (Read 17431 times)

iain

Connecting two ipads
« on: October 31, 2018, 12:31:27 PM »
I have a MD-BT01 on my Genos can anyone tell how to get two iPads to work I can get one to work but can’t seem to connect two

iain

Re: Connecting two ipads
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
I have found that I can connect ipad one to MD-BT01 and link the second iPad to the first with wi-fi
And it works great.problem is on gigs wi-fi is not available.
What do I need to fix this ?

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 01:55:20 PM »
Hi iain,

instead of using the "Infrastructure Mode" you can use the "Access Point Mode" on Genos, to connect the iPad directly to the Genos via Wi-Fi (without using a Wi-Fi Router).

The Genos works as a Wi-Fi Access Point then, und you can simply choose this network on the iPad an connect to it.

P.S.
To my knowledge, it is NOT possible to connect more than one iPad to a single Bluetooth MIDI adapter like the "MD-BT01".

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 02:00:05 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

iainmcguire

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 04:24:37 PM »
Thanks for that information .It took me a little time for my ipad pro to see the Genos wi-fi for some reason
 but it did work and hopefully it will be stable
Thank you very much

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 06:01:38 PM »
Hi iain,

thanks for your feedback!

BTW: Via Wi-Fi only the MIDI Port 1 of the Genos can be used.

PS.
Why do you work with TWO {2) different User Accounts here?

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:07:46 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 12:45:54 AM »
Iain

Good that you have it working the way you want it.

I am just curious.. . . . can you share . . .  why you need 2 ipads at same time ?

Is it for more than one person playing at same time . . . . ?

Again, just curious.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

iainmcguire

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 07:22:51 PM »
I sing with my daughter and I thought it would be a good idea to sing from the same hymn book .we both play guitar and keyboard but sometimes she just sings so I code a song with music and the other just words.I must admit I didn't think it would be as good as it has turned out but like any device the back up is keep your books handy.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 07:33:17 PM »
thanks a lot for your response.   have a great day. 
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 09:51:44 PM »
Hi - I use the unrealBook app on the iPad for music (PDF) display, and it works well.  It also has "Master/Slave" setup, where one iPad can control other iPads.  I have used this for several years with my band (3 or 4 iPads in use) and it works well.  I use a small router that I set to Access Point mode, and I use its 5GHz section rather than 2.4GHz.  I find it's alot more reliable than 2.4GHz, mainly because the 5GHz band is just not used nearly as much, so there is alot less "competition" or contention. 

It's not absolutely perfect; once in a while we seem to lose synch between the iPads, but very rarely.

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff