Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

Genos2 in 2019/2020 ?

(1/4) > >>

beykock:
I wonder when Yamaha will launch their Genos2 ?

For my personaI use I would love to see a Genos2 in two versions :  61 and 76 keys.

A tiltable " button " screen and a bigger SSD Harddisk
( as of 256 GB e.g. ? ).

The 61 key version with built in speakers and the 76 key version without speakers.

Both models available in 2 colours : black/grey and silver.

Wishful thinking or a bridge too far ? 😏

Babette

Joe H:
Well the next release will be the PSR replacement... which could be some variation of what you describe.  I would like to see a 61 key board without speakers. Personally I don't use the on-board speakers and they take up a lot of the real estate on the Panel leaving no room for faders or knobs.

Joe H

Fred Smith:
I think Yamaha have settled on a specific number of keys for each line they have.

Clavinova is 88 keys, Genos is 76 keys and PSR is 61 keys.

It makes a lot of marketing and manufacturing sense, so I don't see this position changing.

Cheers,
Fred

SciNote:

--- Quote from: Fred Smith on October 27, 2018, 05:16:32 PM ---I think Yamaha have settled on a specific number of keys for each line they have.

Clavinova is 88 keys, Genos is 76 keys and PSR is 61 keys.

It makes a lot of marketing and manufacturing sense, so I don't see this position changing.

Cheers,
Fred

--- End quote ---

Yes, but there are some exceptions.  The newer PSR-EW line has keyboards with 76 keys.

alanclare:
I should have thought that any future instrument would have eliminated hard disks in favour of solid state backing store, as my laptop does now.

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version