Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Linking Genos to Songbook+ ?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Colin D:
I have noticed when I have the registrations window open I can use the + or - buttons to move through the songs.  Some of the sheet music changes when moving and some don't?  It don't seem a problem at present, but I'm curious?

Any thoughts

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Bob88 on October 26, 2018, 01:39:58 PM --- Fred:   Your suggestion could be part of the problem. I  have the registrations listed in  various genres and on occasion some songs can be considered proper in more than one group and end up in another folder.  The problem occurred again last night and a reboot corrected it.  Certainly not a reliable way to use during a gig.
 Thanks. Bob

--- End quote ---

Why do you have registrations in more than one folder? Why not use Playlists for Genres?

Cheers,
Fred

Bob88:
   Fred: I'm still  trying to find my way around .  Unfortunately I have been unable to
spend as much time on the Genos due to personal issues. I have put my registrations in folders of various genres but I also have one titled "Perform"  which includes the
best registrations selected from those various genres.  Thanks.  Bob

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Bob88 on October 27, 2018, 05:45:23 PM ---   Fred: I'm still  trying to find my way around .  Unfortunately I have been unable to
spend as much time on the Genos due to personal issues. I have put my registrations in folders of various genres but I also have one titled "Perform"  which includes the
best registrations selected from those various genres.  Thanks.  Bob

--- End quote ---

Well, rule number one, if you are using the new SongBook linking method, is never move a registration.

So, rather than duplicate, or move, registrations, you should use Playlists, either on the Genos, or by Songbook.

Cheers,
Fred

Al Ram:

--- Quote from: Bob88 on October 26, 2018, 01:39:58 PM ---I  have the registrations listed in  various genres and on occasion some songs can be considered proper in more than one group and end up in another folder.  The problem occurred again last night and a reboot corrected it.  Certainly not a reliable way to use during a gig.
 Thanks. Bob

--- End quote ---

I use the new linking method with no problems whatsoever.    I have some 250 Songbook songs linked to Genos registrations.   

I control the gig with SongBook+ on the iPad.   For example, before a gig, i can in advance set up a gig list or playlist in SongBook+, i can set up the order of the selected songs, or change the order on the fly if needed. 

I only need to touch the SongBook+ song and that immediately and automatically brings up the PDF and the corresponding registration on Genos.   I can of course create as many playlists as i want.  If i want to, i can jump from one playlist to another or just follow the given playlist.  I can select by 'artist' by 'genre' by . . . .etc.  in Songbook there are several fields for each song that you can enter in advance and then Songbook sorts them automatically, you can of course change the sort criteria as needed on the fly.   So, for example if you have a request from the audience you can find it very quickly searching by song name or by artist or by genre.    Using the Playlist method in SongBook is extremely easy, however, it takes some work in advance. 

I have read from other posts that Playlists on Genos are somewhat of a challenge, at least at the beginning.  For that reason, i have decided not to use the Genos Playlist feature.  I use the Playlist of SongBook+ only.  So, i cannot comment on Genos playlists.     

Because of my setup,  i do not need separate folders for my registrations.   I have all my registrations in one single place.  Well, that is not entirely true, i have one single folder named 'REGISTRATIONS' at the root of my USB. 

The Genos USB/registrations are automatically sorted by name which makes it very easy to search if needed.  For me it is rare but in the case that i want to do it in reverse and select a registration from Genos, that also brings immediately the corresponding PDF on SongBook.   

This means of course that once you link a Songbook entry to a Genos registration, I never move or rename either one.  Otherwise, the link is broken.

It looks like little by little you are making progress.

Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version