Author Topic: EMC Styleworks  (Read 23772 times)

Offline ugawoga

EMC Styleworks
« on: October 22, 2018, 08:26:56 PM »
Hi to All
Just got back from a two week cruise and Yippee, it looks like Yamaha XT has been updated by  Klaus,  4.93.

Also do not update Windows 10 to  1809 as all bugs may not yet be ironed out like your files going missing. I think they have solved that one, but still in beta mode for the people that like testing for their own demise.!! ;D :P
Microsoft will roll out update when all has been sorted. So no updates with ISO fles etc, just wait for the normal update.

All the best
john :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 08:35:36 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Re: EMC Styleworks
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 11:32:50 PM »
John, what is "Yamaha XT?"
As for Windows 10 updates, we have no choice thanks to the gangster mentality of Microsoft. I'm confused. Please explain :).

- Lee
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: tjdoak

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 05:05:30 AM »
John,

As I just stated in another thread... buy a copy of StyleMagic, everything is so much easier when editing in StyleMagic. Windows 10 and
Genos are both supported.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 06:53:14 AM »
John, what is "Yamaha XT?"
As for Windows 10 updates, we have no choice thanks to the gangster mentality of Microsoft. I'm confused. Please explain :).

- Lee

Is a software from EMC-MusicSoftware (EMC Styleworks XT Universal).

It converts styles between keyboard brands. And you can create style from midi. I used it long time ago, but I don't find it useful now, because now I make my own styles from scratch as I want. For some reasons, this soft does not convert complex styles correctly. So I don't use it, but you can do! The license price is 349 Euro ($475) for Universal version

There are also dedicated converters for specific brands, also: (License price is lower than Universal version and is 199 Euro ($265), which I think is not a good deal, but Universal version can be ideal choice)

Style Works XT Yamaha (Korg, Roland, Ketron, Wersi, Technics, Gem)

Edited:

THIS is a video I've made eight years ago showing how to use hidden channels to be able to use different patterns for different types of chords (Maj, min and 7th). The version of StyleWorks XT Universal was able to convert/create styles for Tyros (1) version only, at that time :)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 07:22:59 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 01:07:41 PM »
Thanks Vali :).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 03:00:40 PM »
Hi Lee

My windows 10 machine is updated to 1803
Some people have been downloading the 1809 update which has been deleting peoples files
By waiting for automatic updates Microsoft will only give you 1809 when all sorted out

Hi Joe

I do prefer EMC Yamaha stylworks as you can load In a midifile and select the number of bars for each section eg, Into , 1,2,3,and 4 main and also break and ending.

after that you only have to get the right key and save. You do get a few glitches now and then ,but it is so eay to use. I have yet to try the new update as I have just come back off a cruise. I already have EMC Styleworks and the update is free.

With Midisoft Yamaha Style maker you have to put markers in and then shift a load of notes to the right key and understanding the boken english video is a pain It is all clicks and sexy  instead of section.
It does seem long winded to get results. With Emc you stick the bar lengths in and get the key by a few note shifts globally and you are away. You can always add your own parts afterwards if you wish but It gets the basics done quickly.
When i get over the depression of endng a holiday and shaking off a bad cold i will get back to work.

All the best
john :P

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:06:45 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 03:32:27 PM »
John,

As I just stated in another thread... buy a copy of StyleMagic, everything is so much easier when editing in StyleMagic. Windows 10 and
Genos are both supported.

Joe H

Its possible to work with styles that has megavoices?

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 03:55:43 PM »
Hi Rodrigo

Editing and shifting things about In Midisoft Stylemagic is great , but putting a midi file in and making a style is pretty long winded.
The new EMC Styleworks update is for Tyros 5 and Genos. I like the layout of EMC. Hopefully the glitches In EMC have been ironed out.
I must admit Klaus is slow at putting In the names of the keyboards and that may confuse a few people. Klaus has put the Tyros 5 and Genos maps in, but not In the selection box. Still up to Tyros 4. Klaus is a programmer , but we are not!!!
He has just updated his site.
When making a style from midi in StyleMagic ,you have to keep going back and forth selecting the parts you want and then deleting parts to make things clearer then you have to go through several processes and to top that shift chords up and down to get the style to work in your key CM7.
Maybe it is me, but i am only giving my opinion only on this so do not get me wrong.
With Midisoft it would be a great help to have an English speaker on the video's as for me broken English is hard to understand when concentrating.
It is the same when looking at WUSIK station video's. I now have dumped that VST in favour of Sampletank. I am sure the guys are doing their best.

All the best
John :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 04:04:14 PM by ugawoga »

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 05:09:08 PM »
Hello ,

Is there somewhere a user manual available for EMC Styleworks ?
I have a trial version that is usable for 4 days, that's too short for learning from the start.
So it would be usefull to have a manual that I could read before installing the trial.

Regards
Etienne
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 05:23:05 PM »
Its possible to work with styles that has megavoices?

Yes, I think it is possible... but what kind of editing would you want to do with a Mega Voice? The Velocity layers are displayed for the Mega Voice and you can change them, but I'm not sure that would do you any good.  If you want to change the Octave range for a Mega Voice you can do that easily.  StyleMagic will ignore the the special (code) notes for Guitar Mega Voices in the upper register which makes it a simple process when raising or lowering an octave for the Mega Voice.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Pino

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 06:47:34 PM »
John, sort everything out in Cubase first, then import the midi to StyleMagic for the section names, Sint and CASM,  it’s the easiest path and you have full control.

I would say that most member would just want to add a song specific intro onto a Yamaha preset style and that’s easy.

Pino

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 02:14:28 AM by Pino »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 07:03:34 PM »
Hi Pino

I think i know where you are going and that sounds good to me
So get sorted first In Cubase.
Thanks for that Pino as the piano roll In Stylemagic is not the best I have seen.
I have got far as swapping things about In Stylemagic, but yet to be sucessfull with stylemaking .
Klaus has emailed me back and a furthur update for EMC styleworks which Includes all mapping should be available in a little update next week.
I purchased EMC Styleworks when the Tyros 4 came out. When It went downhill during tyros 5 and Genos i purchased Stylemagic but had aj ob getting around It with those tuition videos.
So I cahave a go at both programs and I will certainly do the work in Cubase as you said  and then transfer over.

all the best
John :)

The following users thanked this post: tjdoak

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 07:06:06 PM »
Hello ,

Is there somewhere a user manual available for EMC Styleworks ?
I have a trial version that is usable for 4 days, that's too short for learning from the start.
So it would be usefull to have a manual that I could read before installing the trial.

Regards
Etienne
                                                http://www.emc-musicsoftware.de/eng-shop/eng-dscstw.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOpeR9GYlb0

The video gives you an idea of how EMC works as It is similar to the latest.

All the Best
John
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 07:10:17 PM by ugawoga »

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 07:07:12 PM »
Yes, I think it is possible... but what kind of editing would you want to do with a Mega Voice? The Velocity layers are displayed for the Mega Voice and you can change them, but I'm not sure that would do you any good.  If you want to change the Octave range for a Mega Voice you can do that easily.  StyleMagic will ignore the the special (code) notes for Guitar Mega Voices in the upper register which makes it a simple process when raising or lowering an octave for the Mega Voice.

Joe H

I want to convert for example a midi file with megavoices in to a style or a style with megavoices to a standard style (with normal voices)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 07:49:29 PM »
I have to admit that StyleWorks's Song to Style is the best solution to make styles from midi. Intuitive, simple, a lot of settings to make directly from soft, no need to edit in Cubase or other editing software.

To me, which I really don't want to make a style from a midi file, but hear and write myself each instrument, because only in this way I will put my ear "to work", it seems an expensive software. It is my opinion, please don't judge me for that :D

For those which does not have time or experience with styles making process, it is a good software ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 10:50:50 PM »
Hi Vali
Styleworks is the more simple solution without hassle.
I will make my decision when Klaus has fully updated Styleworks. Expected end of next week.
Also get a drum rythm and build around It .

All the best
John

Offline Joe H

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 12:21:54 AM »

I want to convert for example a midi file with megavoices in to a style or a style with megavoices to a standard style (with normal voices)

You can do that with Style Creator Assembly on the keyboard. Just find another guitar or Bass or Brass part that uses a normal Voice and copy it into the style Part you want to change.

Joe H

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 03:08:56 PM »

Not if your Karlheinz Stockhausen

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 05:44:52 PM »
Hi Pino

I would put  Karlheinz Stockhausen music through a Banksy shredder and sell it off at Sotherby's
That would make trillions!! ;D

All the best
john