Author Topic: Soundtrack Pack for Genos  (Read 8937 times)

Offline Francesco Massa

Soundtrack Pack for Genos
« on: October 21, 2018, 11:04:44 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'm Francesco and I'm a music producer from Italy. I just want to share with you my last expansion pack for Genos: Soundtrack.
It's a bit..."curious", because it offers a lot of cinematic patterns using internal Genos waveforms only. Yamaha Expansion Manager is not perfect, but I tried to do my best to extract from the instrument a very inspiring cinematic sound.

PACK DESCRIPTION
Soundtrack Pack wants to allow you to play an entire orchestra without having to prepare long and challenging arrangement sessions. Every element of the voice has been calibrated to play in a perfect harmony (and playability!) with other elements, and all optimized for the best cinematic playing experience on your Genos.

PACK SPECS
  • 78 total voices. There are 40 cinematic patterns, 34 single instruments, 1 drum voice, 3 ensemble voices;
  • 10 styles. There are 6 Pro styles, 3 Session styles and 1 FreePlay style;
  • pack size on disk: 30 MB;
  • pack size on instrument memory: 640 kB;
  • pack size on instrument wave flash: nothing;
  • pack compatibility: Genos;
  • pack protection: no;
  • pack version: 1.00

PACK REQUIREMENTS
  • Instrument: Genos (firmware v1.30 or newer);
  • Software: Yamaha Expansion Manager v2.5.2 or newer.
The styles in this pack work perfect also in other Genos' they haven't this pack installed.

PACK AUDIO DEMO
Voice Demo - Aquarium
Voice Demo - Cinematic Grand
Voice Demo - Elves Woods
Voice Demo - Cinematic Trombones
Voice Demo - Another World
Voice Demo - Imminent Danger
Voice Demo - Hold Keys Down!
Voice Demo - Oriental Wind 1, Oriental Wind 2, Oriental Ensemble
Voice Demo - Sad Or Romantic
Voice Demo - Secret Garden
Style Demo - Epic Soundtrack

This pack is totally FREE.
If you have ideas, comments and tips to improve it, please write me at francescomassa.st@outlook.com.

DOWNLOAD SOUNDTRACK PACK
DOWNLOAD STYLES ONLY

Best regards and happy music to everyone!  :)

Francesco
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:12:02 PM by Francesco Massa »
Genos

Offline Bill

Re: Soundtrack Pack for Genos
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 11:37:36 AM »
Hi Francesco

It's nice to hear from you again, it seems like years ago since you last posted on the forum.

However I tried to instal the pack on the Genos but was unsuccessful   It said there was no instrument capable of using the pack.. I suspect it is copyrighted.

Regards

Bill
England

GENOS

Offline GrantB

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 01:06:42 PM »
Hi Francesco,

I got the same message as Bill, but thanks anyway for trying.

Cheers

Grant

Offline Francesco Massa

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 04:07:13 PM »
Thanks for your report. Are you sure you have last firmware on Genos and last YEM version?

Francesco

EDIT: found the problem. I can't share a Protected Pack, as explained on YEM manual: "The content of a pack protected in this way can be installed only on the instrument that output the Instrument Info file selected as the key."
No problem: I'm preparing the Unprotected pack to upload, I hope it works.

Sorry for the problem

Francesco
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:48:40 PM by Francesco Massa »
Genos

Offline Francesco Massa

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 06:16:37 PM »
Reuploaded. Now it should work properly.

Francesco
Genos

The following users thanked this post: zionip

Offline zionip

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 06:45:49 PM »
Yes, it works this time, Francesco.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline zionip

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 11:33:54 PM »
Hi Francesco,

Thanks for your gift.

There are quite a number of pleasant and usable voices in your Soundtrack pack.

Some of the orchestral sounds have crescendo bass and timpani triggered by increased velocity, which are very nice and dynamic.  However, I wish the default velocity for these sounds could be defined higher so we do not trigger these accents unintentionally when playing medium soft.  I personally am used to the EXs45 "KAPro "Symphonic Dreams 2 Orchestra & Strings" expansion pack for Kronos.  Programs such as "R.R.Symphonic Orchestra 1", "R.R. Hollywood Orchestra 1", which trigger similar crescendo bass and timpani sounds when played with increased velocity - their velocity trigger thresholds are defined such that when playing soft to medium soft, no crescendo bass and timpani sounds are triggered unintentionally.

As for the styles in your Soundtrack pack, the default volumes of R1, R2, R3 voices are way too low - I had to reduce the style/accompaniment volume slider and boost the volume of the R voices to be able to hear the solo voices.

Overall, I like your sounds/voices more than your styles.  I really appreciate your efforts and time spent developing this Soundtrack pack to enrich our playing experience of Genos.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 12:01:47 AM »
This seems a great and generous gift from Francesco to fellow Genos player. I was wondering, how are the styles? I cannot try them myself as I don't own a Genos. I wish I could have them, though. Especially Francesco's freeplay style.

Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline willem7397

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 10:08:11 AM »
What a nice gift from Francesco, thanks a lot.
The pack installed without issues and has a lot of nice sounds and styles. It must have taken a lot of time to create this.
I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Willem

The following users thanked this post: tomtomsf

Offline Francesco Massa

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 04:13:44 PM »
This seems a great and generous gift from Francesco to fellow Genos player. I was wondering, how are the styles? I cannot try them myself as I don't own a Genos. I wish I could have them, though. Especially Francesco's freeplay style.

Tom G.

Hi Tom,
I've added download link for styles only, it's on the 1st post.

Regards

Francesco
Genos

The following users thanked this post: tomtomsf, motifes

Offline Francesco Massa

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 04:15:47 PM »
Hi Francesco,

Thanks for your gift.

There are quite a number of pleasant and usable voices in your Soundtrack pack.

Some of the orchestral sounds have crescendo bass and timpani triggered by increased velocity, which are very nice and dynamic.  However, I wish the default velocity for these sounds could be defined higher so we do not trigger these accents unintentionally when playing medium soft.  I personally am used to the EXs45 "KAPro "Symphonic Dreams 2 Orchestra & Strings" expansion pack for Kronos.  Programs such as "R.R.Symphonic Orchestra 1", "R.R. Hollywood Orchestra 1", which trigger similar crescendo bass and timpani sounds when played with increased velocity - their velocity trigger thresholds are defined such that when playing soft to medium soft, no crescendo bass and timpani sounds are triggered unintentionally.

As for the styles in your Soundtrack pack, the default volumes of R1, R2, R3 voices are way too low - I had to reduce the style/accompaniment volume slider and boost the volume of the R voices to be able to hear the solo voices.

Overall, I like your sounds/voices more than your styles.  I really appreciate your efforts and time spent developing this Soundtrack pack to enrich our playing experience of Genos.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,
thank you for your report about voice velocity and styles! I'm trying to fix these problems.

Regards

Francesco
Genos

Offline bpsafran

Re: Soundtrack Pack for Genos - will voices work on Tyros5 ?
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 09:07:16 AM »
Will some of the voices work on the Tyros5?

Thanks

Offline Francesco Massa

Re: Soundtrack Pack for Genos - will voices work on Tyros5 ?
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 09:21:45 AM »
Will some of the voices work on the Tyros5?

Thanks

Unfortunately, no, because:
1. I've used voices & DSP that are on Genos only (like Kino Strings);
2. Voices with the same name on Tyros5 have been resampled on Genos (like Acoustic Bass and a lot of GM voices as Shamisen, Koto, English Horn, Violin, Flute, etc.), so they would probably sound different on previous Tyros series.

Regards

Francesco
Genos

Offline soundphase

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 01:55:02 PM »
It's very interesting to consider that is the first pack dedicated to music composers (mainly for Epic movies). The initiative is good even if it's a bit difficult to use the pack content for a generic usage.

It's a direct concurrent for dedicated VST packs.

Sound and styles are very good, they didn't take a lot of memory and the pack is free !!!!!

Thank you very much.

Soundphase

Offline browzer

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 03:29:05 PM »
Thanks for sharing Francesco, I'm looking forward to trying out your pack.

Much appreciated

Ronnie
Genos

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 12:23:55 AM »
Hi Tom,
I've added download link for styles only, it's on the 1st post.

Regards

Francesco

Thank you very much, Francesco! That is very nice of you.
I'll look forward to trying them out myself later today.
:)
Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline Carlos84

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 08:08:21 AM »
Thank you !

Online torben

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 05:06:19 PM »
Hi Francesco

Great job! I recognize the sounds from your old company "Hephaestus". Really impressive work!

Thanks for the upload!!

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is Tyros 5 AND Genos !

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 04:39:15 AM »
Thank you Francesco for the file downloads.

Murray
Genos + spkrs, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3 Acoustic, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: GMX 212 Guitar amps & FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-10 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 x2

Offline soundphase

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 07:39:57 AM »
I listened to them carefully.

Great job. Great sounds for soundtracks. These sounds could be used for movies or video games directly.

Thank you very much...

Soundphase