PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

Cover of “4th Rendez-Vous” by Jean-Michel Jarre on PSR E463

(1/4) > >>

vbdx66:
Hi to all,

I had the PSR E463 at home for about 10 days before deciding yesterday to returning it. Before that, I recorded the Classic electronic tune “4th Rendez-Vous” by the French composer Jean-Michel Jarre and uploaded it to SoundCloud. I posted the link in the Songs performed by forum members section, but I post it here again for the benefit of those who want to hear how the PSR E463 sounds:

https://soundcloud.com/vbdx66/4th-rendez-vous-psr-e463-cover

I am not happy altogether with that track, notably because the tempo is too slow, but well...

Unfortunately my computer doesn’t boot up, when that’ll be settled I will post a (short) cover of the Jazz standard Autumn Leaves, also recorded on the E463.

Enjoy, all comments more than welcome  ;)

Regards,

Vinciane

SeaGtGruff:

--- Quote from: vbdx66 on October 16, 2018, 08:18:04 PM ---I am not happy altogether with that track, notably because the tempo is too slow, but well...
--- End quote ---

Yes, as I said in the other thread, it sounded like you kept wanting to get a little bit ahead of the accompaniment.

vbdx66:
Well as I said this track probably needed a bit more practise before recording but I had to return the keyboard.  :o

Vinciane

Toril S:
Hello Vincaine!
Your rendition was splendid. But the style was not as bright as I would wish it to be. I think this is heading towards you getting hold of an S model keyboard :) Yes, I know, they are heavy, expensive beasts, but think of all the styles and voices you can add! But, you are a great musician, and can get good music out of all models! Are you still in search of a keyboard, or have you found it? I follow this with interest!

vbdx66:
Hi Toril and thanks for your support  :)

Unfortunately I cannot afford a PSR S for the time being. I hope that Yamaha will launch the S675 next year and that its sounds and styles will be revamped.

As for my cover of 4th Rendez-Vous, it is true that the style doesn’t sound as bright as it should, it might come from adding too much effect with the Live Knobs in the backing track.

I might go back to the Casio CT-X3000 or maybe try the lower model the CT-X700/800 until the PSR S675 comes out. It supposedly uses a subset of the excellent sound and style set of the CT-X3000 but with less editing features and thus a much less intricate user interface (imagine somewhat such as the PSR S775 with the fewer buttons and the small screen of the PSR E363  :-[ )

Any news of your PSR S970 in the meantime?

Best Regards,

Vincinae

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version