Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Full Protective Cover (Foil) for Genos, Tyros And More!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Al Ram:
I wonder if the cover on the keys will have an effect on the feel of the keys . . . .

By all means let us know the results of your project.

thanks in advance.

gerarde:
Hi Al,
I was wondering also if that will have an effect on the keys, will let you know.
I do think they look cool too.

I noticed too in the video, there is a sheet you pull off when you install it and then there is another sheet you pull off when finished installing.
I think this will help prevent dust when applying.

Gerard

mikf:
It looks good on the video. But I would be concerned that over time - like a year or so of robust use - the plastic film itself would get damaged or start peeling here and there and look much worse than the unprotected keyboard would look after several years. And how easy is it to get it off if that happens? And even if you do get it off you would have glue residue all over, and how do you get that off?The keyboard finish itself on a Yamaha is quite robust, and I think the film would be much more vulnerable to damage and discoloration than the original keyboard finish. To me it seems like a solution to a problem that does not really exist.
Mike

ton37:
Only for protection, why??? For 'Pimp your Genos', that's OK, but then with other colours or nice designs  ;)

gerarde:
Mike,

On the Tyros 4, 5-76, and PSR970 that I had, the lettering was starting to come off from playing a lot.
I also have natural sweaty hands and that did not help.
I am going to ask him about the adhesive they use.
The only adhesive that there is, is along the bottom and the top where it goes over to the back of the keyboard and not on the top of the keyboard itself.

Regards,
Gerard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version