Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Tyros 5 registrations, songs and Songbook,

<< < (2/4) > >>

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Niceonetidy on October 15, 2018, 12:08:12 PM ---Do you plan to do any videos for some of your original tyros procedures please?

And may I ask where you copied the Tyros registrations and songs.  Do they need linking in the Genos or do they automatically work, is there already a thread on here with this information please?

--- End quote ---

I have no plans to do any more videos as I don't perceive much demand for them.

As Eileen said, just copy the files to a USB stick. They don't need linking, as they'll work the way they did on your Tyros.

And remember, before you do anything, upgrade to the latest version of the OS (1.30).

Once you've got your songs working, then you can take your time to decide how you want to organize things on the Genos. Some issues will be:
-- User drive or USB? I moved everything to the User drive, because I like the simplicity of everything being there. To get all my files re-linked, I used Murray's Registration Manager to change all the file addresses in a batch.
-- Link to Songbook the old way, or the new way? I stuck with the old (Tyros) way, as I had all the midi files created. But you'll likely want to check out the new way to see which one you like better.
-- Playlists? It took me a while to create them, but I like their versatility.
-- Songlists? If you have song files in a folder that you like to have the keyboard play, you'll like the power of Songlists. But they are different from the Tyros, so you'll need to spend 30 minutes figuring them out.

Hope this helps,
Fred

Al Ram:
Congrats on your new Genos.

A couple of comments/suggestions . . . . . 

The new way of linking Genos to iPad (and viceverse) is great.  No more midi files created for this purpose.   I highly recommend this method.

Also, you might want to look into wireless bluetooth connection between Genos and iPad (if you do not have wireless already)

I do not use the Playlist feature of Genos because I control my playlists with SongBook+.  In my opinion it is much easier since i already have all my songs in SongBook.

Enjoy your new Genos. !!!!

thanks

Colin D:
Thank you all for your kind messages of support, now to explore the Genos,

Kind regards

Colin

Colin D:
Hi Fred,

I got my song and registration sorted, now how to link with Murray’s as I wish to use my old usb method of changing the song on the iPad,  is this difficult please?  I edited the midi file settings too to try and get it the same as the Tyros,

Thank you,

Colin

--- Quote from: Fred Smith on October 15, 2018, 04:57:43 PM ---I have no plans to do any more videos as I don't perceive much demand for them.

As Eileen said, just copy the files to a USB stick. They don't need linking, as they'll work the way they did on your Tyros.

And remember, before you do anything, upgrade to the latest version of the OS (1.30).

Once you've got your songs working, then you can take your time to decide how you want to organize things on the Genos. Some issues will be:
-- User drive or USB? I moved everything to the User drive, because I like the simplicity of everything being there. To get all my files re-linked, I used Murray's Registration Manager to change all the file addresses in a batch.
-- Link to Songbook the old way, or the new way? I stuck with the old (Tyros) way, as I had all the midi files created. But you'll likely want to check out the new way to see which one you like better.
-- Playlists? It took me a while to create them, but I like their versatility.
-- Songlists? If you have song files in a folder that you like to have the keyboard play, you'll like the power of Songlists. But they are different from the Tyros, so you'll need to spend 30 minutes figuring them out.

Hope this helps,
Fred

--- End quote ---

[attachment deleted by admin]

Colin D:
Other image

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking