Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Tyros 5 registrations, songs and Songbook,

<< < (4/4)

Al Ram:
The new way of linking Genos to iPad (and viceverse) is great.  No more midi files created for this purpose.   I highly recommend this method.

Colin D:
I tried the new WiFi method sand get an error with the connection?

Al Ram:
The linking method i was referring to, has nothing to do with WiFi.

It is the new way to synch SongBook+ to Genos registrations.  With this new method you do not need midi files to control the registrations.    It links without midi files.     You can bring up the Genos registrations  by bringing up the PDF from the iPad/SongBook and the other way around when you select a Genos registrations it brings up the PDF on the iPad/SongBook+.

Before you establish this link, you need to connect the Genos to the iPad first.  I believe you were using a physical cable with camera adapter.

This linking method eliminates the need for midi files but it does not eliminate the cable.    The linking method works with the way you were connecting Genos and iPad using a physical cable with Apple Camera connector.  You do not necessarily need wifi for the linking of registrations. 

There are two different things here.  One is the connection between iPad to Genos (cable, wifi, wireless, etc) and the other is the linking of SongBook entries to Genos registrations.

So, first, establish the connection between Genos and iPad/SongBook+ and then establish the linking method between SongBook+ and Genos registrations.

If you want to eliminate the cable, then you can try wifi and or a bluetooth wireless adapter, but i would try that later after you have this working first. 

Hope this helps.

thanks

overover:
@Niceonetidy
Hi Colin,

here the link to download the additional Manual for "Genos & Songbook+": :)

http://www.baum-software.ch/downloads/OtherManuals/Manual_Yamaha_Genos_SongBook.pdf

Best regards,
Chris

Colin D:
I must get this method working for new songs, thank you for the support.

--- Quote from: Al Ram on October 18, 2018, 07:44:21 PM ---The linking method i was referring to, has nothing to do with WiFi.

It is the new way to synch SongBook+ to Genos registrations.  With this new method you do not need midi files to control the registrations.    It links without midi files.     You can bring up the Genos registrations  by bringing up the PDF from the iPad/SongBook and the other way around when you select a Genos registrations it brings up the PDF on the iPad/SongBook+.

Before you establish this link, you need to connect the Genos to the iPad first.  I believe you were using a physical cable with camera adapter.

This linking method eliminates the need for midi files but it does not eliminate the cable.    The linking method works with the way you were connecting Genos and iPad using a physical cable with Apple Camera connector.  You do not necessarily need wifi for the linking of registrations. 

There are two different things here.  One is the connection between iPad to Genos (cable, wifi, wireless, etc) and the other is the linking of SongBook entries to Genos registrations.

So, first, establish the connection between Genos and iPad/SongBook+ and then establish the linking method between SongBook+ and Genos registrations.

If you want to eliminate the cable, then you can try wifi and or a bluetooth wireless adapter, but i would try that later after you have this working first. 

Hope this helps.

thanks

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version