Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

YEM Issue

<< < (2/3) > >>

DerekA:

--- Quote from: Rumney on October 15, 2018, 12:50:10 PM ---Bill - I have checked and I am on version 1.3

Paul - I have copied the pack to my USB - it is named 'Genos_PackInstallData.CPI' not 'Genos_PackInstallData.PPI'. When I follow your instructions it asks me if I am sure the I want to proceed as I will loose any unsaved work. Shall I continue??

--- End quote ---

The problem that you originally reported is not normal, and not a 'novice' error. It sounds like something went wrong during the installation and so I agree that installing via USB is the best bet.

Don't worry about "CPI" v "PPI" - it's called a "CPI" file because it's a 'protected' file linked to your specific keyboard via your Yamaha account. This is just a copyright protection scheme.

The key thing about loading YEM expansion files via USB is that it will completely replace whatever is currently loaded into your keyboard's expansion memory. So you need to select *all* the packs you want in YEM, and create a single CPI file to install. This is also why I think it should fix your problem, it will completely reformat the flash memory and be a 'clean' install.

zionip:

--- Quote from: Rumney on October 15, 2018, 12:50:10 PM ---Paul - I have copied the pack to my USB - it is named 'Genos_PackInstallData.CPI' not 'Genos_PackInstallData.PPI'. When I follow your instructions it asks me if I am sure the I want to proceed as I will loose any unsaved work. Shall I continue??

--- End quote ---

Hi Rumney,

What DerekA said is correct.

Usually if you do not have third party expansion packs, but just Yamaha expansion packs (usually come in .ppf file format), the created pack installation file is named "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi".  If you have any third party expansion packs (usually come in .cpf file format) imported to your YEM, the resulting pack installation file is name "Genos_PackInstallData.cpi".  Usually .ppi files can be installed on multiple compatible Yamaha arranger keyboards, whereas most .cpi files can only be installed on the licensed Yamaha arranger keyboard(s), and some .cpi files can be installed on the Yamaha arranger keyboards with their corresponding instrumentinfo.n27 file(s) imported into YEM.

You should import all your expansion packs into YEM, and check all packs that you want to install on your Genos, then create the "Genos_PackInstallData.cpi" pack installation file on your USB flash drive.

When installing "Genos_PackInstallData.cpi" file on your Genos, your Genos will always remind you that it will reformat the Expansion flash, which means that all the data on the Expansion will be wiped / gone.  This is Yamaha's method of making sure all the packs will be installed and written to the Expansion flash area contiguously without any wasted space.  This will not wipe any other files or settings of your Genos, so it is safe to proceed.

Thanks,
Paul

Mike2:
Here's a dumb question...where do you get this free on registration MusicSoft Expansion Pack (Church & Christmas).

Rumney:
Thanks all - I understand and am grateful for all your advice regarding the USB and YEM export methods. However, I thought that I would trust the process and so I retried the WiFi route and it worked. Now have full access the contents of Church & Christmas on my Genos. Murphy’s law I guess!!

Mike 2 - Not a dumb question (I’m the king of them) :)
When I registered my new Genos With Yamaha Europe they sent me a code via email that enabled me to download, free of charge, one of a selection of expansion packs - I chose Church & Christmas. This offer is only available via Yamaha Europe to European and UK residents registering a new Genos or PSR-S.

Link below:
https://europe.yamaha.com/en/news_events/2018/free-expansion-pack-offer.html

Thanks again all for your advice.

Mike2:
Ok thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version