Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

YEM Issue

<< < (3/3)

valimaties:
I have sent all my 1.8 GB of content through wireless without any problem. Something happened to your transmission, I think. I don't remember when I have installed a pack in my Genos via USB , I think last year ;D I use only wireless, and I don't have any problem with my content.

Regards,
Vali

Rumney:
Vali - you are right. Just to prove the point I successfully resent the Expansion Pack via WiFi again and it worked again.

I think my initial problem was that YEM on my computer told me that the Genos needed to be restarted following the transfer. So, once the transfer was complete I reached over to power down the Genos using the hard on/off switch. As I did so, out of the corner of my eye I saw that the Genos main screen was displaying a soft ‘off’ button - by which time I hade already pressed the main on/off switch to power down the instrument. This is the expansion pack installation that failed.

I later repeated the whole process but this time, once the expansion pack transfer had completed (it only took a few seconds) I used the soft ‘off’ button on the main screen not the hard on/off switch. The Genos powered down and when I restarted it using the main on/off switch I found that the expansion pack transfer had succeeded.

My fault - I should have slowed down, read the screen and simply followed the process.

I agree that WiFi is very well utilised by the Genos and very easy to use - so long as you read the main screen and follow the process :-[

pjd:

--- Quote from: Rumney on October 16, 2018, 07:52:48 AM ---As I did so, out of the corner of my eye I saw that the Genos main screen was displaying a soft ‘off’ button - by which time I had already pressed the main on/off switch to power down the instrument. This is the expansion pack installation that failed.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for mentioning this. It's one of those features which somehow never make it into the Owner's or Reference Manual.

Genos is running a full bore operating system (Linux) underneath everything. It makes sense that shutdown and restart in this case might be needed in order to synchronize/coordinate all of the "moving parts" underneath. We'll have to keep our eyes peeled for other situations like this.

Thanks, again -- pj

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version