Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

USB midi file transfer query

<< < (2/2)

Joe H:

--- Quote from: Rumney on October 14, 2018, 09:12:53 AM ---... I don’t get the whole file masking thing!! Why mask the very file type (midi) that might be most used (rhetorical question)...

--- End quote ---

Because many people would be trying to load a style or Multi Pad into the song sequencer, or load a song file as a Multi Pad or style file.  File masking goes all the way back to the Atari days, it's nothing new.

Joe H

zionip:

--- Quote from: Rumney on October 14, 2018, 09:12:53 AM ---Next question, sorry to be a pain, but can I now transfer this song into my playlist and the Genos memory so that I don’t have to use the pen drive every time that I want to access this song?

--- End quote ---

Please follow the instructions at the bottom of P.38 and top of P.39 on the section of "Copying or moving files" of the Genos Owner's Manual version D ( https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1130977/genos_en_om_d0.pdf ):

You can copy or cut a file and paste it to another location (folder). You can also copy a folder (without move it) by using the same procedure.

1 Call up the appropriate File Selection display, on which the desired files/folders are shown. (In your case, you must be in Song mode to copy song files)

2 Touch (File Edit) to call up the File Edit pop-up window.

3 Touch "Copy" or "Move" in the File Management menu, to call up the display for selecting the desired files/folders.

4 Select the desired files/folders by touching each item.  One or more files/folders can be selected (highlighted). To cancel the selection, touch the same item again.  Touch [Select All] to select all items indicated on the current display including theother pages. To cancel the selection, touch [All Off].

5 Touch "Copy" or "Move" at the top of the display, to call up the display for selecting the destination.

6 Select the desired destination (path) to paste the files/folders.

7 Touch [Copy here] or [Move here] to paste the files/folders you’ve selected in step 4.

The pasted file/folder appears on the display at the appropriate position among the files in alphabetical order.

Thanks,
Paul

Rumney:
Thanks Paul - once again I am indebted to you  :)

Roland:
@rumney: The "file type masking" Paul is talking about also applies to every other file type. Meaning that if you want to find a Style, you need to be in "Style" mode. Or if you're looking for a "voice" you're in voice mode, etc.

But once you play with that a couple of times, you will find it quite easy to get used to.

Cheers, Roland

Rumney:
Thanks Paul & Roland - It’s nice to find such a friendly and helpful forum :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version