Author Topic: T4 MFC10  (Read 5257 times)

JollyJim

T4 MFC10
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:01:40 PM »
Hi All,

I have a Tyros4 and MFC10.

Is there a way of setting the MFC10 up to change the speed of the Leslie
effect on the drawbar settings please ?

Thanks in advance - Jim

Offline EileenL

Re: T4 MFC10
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 10:46:19 PM »
Set Pedal to DSP as this also controls speed of rotary effect.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 12:03:00 AM »
Hi Jim,

As Eileen has already said, the rotary speaker effect for the 'Organ Flute' voices is usually provided by a DSP.  However assigning the DSP function to a switch on the MFC10 will simply switch the DSP on and off, which will not produce the rotor speed change that you want.

If the DSP is left switched on, the speed change is actually made by switching the DSP Variation on and off, and it is this function that you need to assign to the MFC10.

Note that for both the DSP and DSP Variation, the MFC10 has a different assignment for each of the three Right voices or the Left voice part, so you need to set it for R1, R2, R3 or Left, depending on which voice part you want to use the Organ Flutes in.  You can assign it to all four parts if you like, but each one will need a separate switch on the MFC10.

The organ voice presets that are not based on the Organ Flutes (S.Art for example), usually use the Modulation Wheel to produce the slow/fast effect, which in my opinion is not very good.  However if you do want to switch this with the MFC10, you need to assign the relevant Modulation(Alt) function, again there is a specific one for each voice part.

Once set up, each press of the relevant MFC10 switch will toggle that function on and off.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:05:05 AM by tyrosaurus »

JollyJim

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 08:57:26 PM »
Thankyou very much both of you

I do find the MFC10 quite difficult to understand, but I'll
try to follow your suggestions...

I'll let you know

thanks again....best wishes - Jim