Author Topic: It is incredible! Nobody knows how to create a new Registration Bank on Genos!  (Read 14137 times)

Ullo

There is no way to create a new Registration Bank? Completely empty, without nothing! I'm trying and trying but everytime the old title appears. Whyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
Can someone help me? Many thanks
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:38:18 PM by Ullo »

Offline tyrosaurus

You obviously have not looked very hard in the Genos Owner's Manual for this information!

In chapter 7: 'Storing and Calling up Custom Panel Setups - Registration Memory, Playlist' there is a section starting on page 93 (of the English version) titled 'Registering Your Panel Setups'.  The first topic in this section is 'Saving and Recalling Custom Panel Setups with Registration Memory'

There is a note at the bottom of this section which says...

Note:
The panel setups registered in the numbered
buttons are maintained even when
you turn off the power. If you want to
delete all ten current panel setups, turn
the power on while holding the F# 6 key
(second right-most key) on the keyboard.

Of course once you have an empty bank, you can save it while still empty so that in future you can call this up to use for new banks at any time without needing to turn the power off and on. Just remember to save any banks that you make starting from it with a different name! 

It's 'incredible' what you can find in these manuals isn't it!   ;) :)

Regards

Ian

Offline jwyvern

Also, you can delete all or some registrations from any bank anytime without powering off by going to the Menu at top right of the registration window and selecting Regist Bank Edit. (Go directly via Direct Access followed by a Reg. + or - button). Touch the registrations you want to delete, then touch delete and they will disappear after you say Yes to the warning message. As long as you now save the bank to a different name from the original the  latter will be preserved if you need it to be.

John
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:02:57 PM by jwyvern »

Offline hella737

Hi

To get a blank registration file....hold down the far right black key and turn on the Genos and you have a blank register you can save for later use.

Also, i recommend you take a look at this site where you will find a  load of Genos videos on all different topics for free.
http://keyboardamerica.com/genos-tyros-5-lessons.html

Greetings.
Best regards,
Helge

Offline DerekA

You don't want to do that turn-off-and-on again trick every time you need a blank registration.

Do it once, create an empty bank and save it.

Then when you want to work with a new bank, load up this empty one and immediately save it under a new name.

Offline Robert van Weersch

I'm baffled that Yamaha hasn't added this missing functionality in the Genos, since it is a known "problem" in all arrangers and many users complain about this.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

Online Fred Smith

I'm baffled that Yamaha hasn't added this missing functionality in the Genos, since it is a known "problem" in all arrangers and many users complain about this.

Huh?  What is Genos missing that other arrangers have?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline BenoitM

Huh?  What is Genos missing that other arrangers have?

Cheers,
Fred

The ability to correctly save a voice in a registration memory, for example  ??? ::)

well, to be fair:  a voice tweaked and having multiple insertion effects - DSPs - affected to its part (ie: Left 1) AND two or more of those DSPs having its detailed parameters modified… the registration keeps the DSPs types correctly assigned, but only the last one that had its detailed parameters 'remember' them, all the others revert to their 'default' values … annoying for a +4000€ 'flagship' keyboard  :-[  )

Ho, and also : correctly playing voices  :-X ->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sin4JYqtO5U   

There's hope for a future Firmware (>1.30) correcting there problems..