Author Topic: playing mp3 file from usb drive  (Read 6323 times)

kmspecialties

playing mp3 file from usb drive
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:49:08 PM »
I have a genos, i formatted usb 2 drive on genos. Downloaded tunes that are on the drive, drive shows up but without tunes.  When i hilite usb 1 and hit it it shows nothing. I feel pretty stupid how do I play them. Does not give info in owners or ref manual
Bob

Offline Joe H

Re: playing mp3 file from usb drive
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 04:02:38 PM »
What format are these tunes you have downloaded?

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

kmspecialties

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 04:08:39 PM »
mp3

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 04:10:38 PM »
Look in the manual to see if the MP3s you downloaded have a bit-rate supported by the keyboard.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

kmspecialties

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 04:12:23 PM »
Hi Joe

dont know where to look the manuals are pretty vague
bob

kmspecialties

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 04:17:06 PM »
hi joe
mp3s are 256kbps

Offline zionip

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 04:34:31 PM »
How did you access your USB drive?

Did you hit the "Song" bright white button - Song player - Audio - hit the empty Song name, hit USB1 (assuming you have only USB1), then go to the folder where you stored the MP3 file and choose the MP3 file?

Thanks,
Paul

kmspecialties

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 06:34:14 PM »
Hi Paul

Thank you so much it worked just fine. I dont understand why Yamaha does not explain and show with their manuals. Once again I cant thank you enough.
Regards,
Bob

Offline manuel

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 10:10:47 PM »
Bob

You must be on the proper mode that you may want to read or copy on the Genos to get it from the USB. Just like the MP3 or audio, witch by the way, same also applies to WAVs.

If you want to see or retrieve Registration Banks, First, on the Genos Main screen, touch Registration, then go to USB # and select the Registration Bank
Same applies to Styles,                                         "                                                     Style                                                           Style
Same on Midi Songs or SMFs.
Multipads the same, etc.

My 2 cents

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel