Author Topic: Change the Key of a midi on the keyboard  (Read 6775 times)

Offline Amachado

Change the Key of a midi on the keyboard
« on: September 28, 2018, 12:21:32 PM »
Hi Everybody,

I'm a amateur home musician and recently purchased a PSR-S975. Now I have a commercial midi in a pen and want to change the musical key from D to C as this tone is more suitable for me. Tried to do this on keyboard on Utility/Midi section but without sucess. I believe this keyboard have the capacity to do this operation without using external software but I can not do it.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot.

A. Machado

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Change the Key of a midi on the keyboard
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 01:34:06 PM »
I'm a amateur home musician and recently purchased a PSR-S975. Now I have a commercial midi in a pen and want to change the musical key from D to C as this tone is more suitable for me. Tried to do this on keyboard on Utility/Midi section but without sucess. I believe this keyboard have the capacity to do this operation without using external software but I can not do it.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot.

Just use the Transpose buttons. Make sure Transpose Assign (in Functions) is set to Song (or Master).

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Amachado

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 12:22:43 PM »
Hi Fred,

Thanks for your help on this. However I must be doing something wrong as only the right hand (solo) is covered by the transpose effect. The left hand ( rhythmic side ) still pay on original chord D. is there any link, video or wherever where I can see the whole process from the moment I insert the pen into the keyboard? A kind of step-by-step?

Thanks Regards

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 12:42:37 PM »
Hi Amachado,
You just transposed only one channel.
You must transpose the rest channels also.
Look here for details:

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musical-instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/tyros4/4961/7839

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 07:53:22 PM »
Thanks for your help on this. However I must be doing something wrong as only the right hand (solo) is covered by the transpose effect. The left hand ( rhythmic side ) still pay on original chord D. is there any link, video or wherever where I can see the whole process from the moment I insert the pen into the keyboard? A kind of step-by-step?

If you're getting only part of the keyboard transposed, you're not using the transpose buttons.

If you want the whole keyboard transposed, forget about the Mixing Console. Simply use the transpose buttons on the keyboard. That's what they are there for.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

The following users thanked this post: Amachado

Offline Amachado

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 12:28:45 PM »
Hi Fred and Panos,

You were right. I transposed the whole keyboard and the midi was fixed as I wanted. Only issue now is that due my enexperience in these things, when I play the midi and mute the chanel 4 that is the midi voice, for playing myself the solo, the volume of the voice is too low comparated with the accompaniment of the midi. In short, the volume of the voice that I choose to play at the moment the midi sound very low comparated with the rythmic section of the midi. Can I fix this?

Thanks Regards
A. Machado

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 12:32:14 PM »
You were right. I transposed the whole keyboard and the midi was fixed as I wanted. Only issue now is that due my enexperience in these things, when I play the midi and mute the chanel 4 that is the midi voice, for playing myself the solo, the volume of the voice is too low comparated with the accompaniment of the midi. In short, the volume of the voice that I choose to play at the moment the midi sound very low comparated with the rythmic section of the midi. Can I fix this

Certainly. Just reduce the volume of the song in the Balance screen.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ