Author Topic: GO FIGURE!  (Read 14178 times)

ekurburski

GO FIGURE!
« on: September 26, 2018, 06:58:16 PM »
Went to save my second registration and instead wiped out the first one! Now need to start all over again!  Maybe after I screw it up enough times I'll learn how to do it correctly.

Offline travlin-easy

Re: GO FIGURE!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 02:53:53 AM »
Earl, if I were not damned near dead, I would drive to Mountain Home and sit down with you and provide some first hand instructions. Maybe you should pay Don Mason a visit, who lives near Shreveport, LA, who is a true genius with the PSR operating system.

Gary :cool:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 03:00:48 AM by travlin-easy »
Love Those Yammies...

ekurburski

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 02:51:04 AM »
hey Gary, that would be cheating.  Besides, I worked threw it and have saved the second registration.  I know its got to be frustrating to all of you old pros to have to deal with some of us stupid newbies (to the system) but I will work it out.  Newbie advice: go threw the lessons from beginning to end and don't try and skip around.   What you skipped over in a previous lesson will come back to bite you later on down the road.  Give me time and you will be recommending me to some newbie down the road.

aND btw i do hope to get down to Shreveport sometime in the not to distant future just to hear Don perform live.

Earl

Offline andyg

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 06:33:06 PM »
If you're saying you're having problems with saving registrations etc, may I direct you to the 'bullet proof' instructions available on the downloads page of my website. They make more sense than the owners manual! :D
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

DonM

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 09:58:21 PM »
Love to see you!  Come on down.

Offline pmedina

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 10:40:51 PM »
Hi Andy, as ekurbursky (?) I have wiped many times my attempts of registrations. As Gary suggests I am away from Don Manson to cover his round trip. But fortunately, I download your instructions and I hope to solve my problems. Thank you.

ekurburski

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 05:57:51 PM »
I think I have my problem figured out.  I just need to slow down and not jump from one thing to another b4 insuring I've properly saved the registration.  I{ printed out the instructions and went through them step by step and it worked fine.  I figure after I've done it 50-60 times I'll probably have it down.  Still learning and moving forward. 

DonM

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 08:26:13 PM »
Just remember that after you save the Registration, you must save the Registration BANK as well, or you will lose your work when you change Banks.

Offline Gloria

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 09:14:06 PM »
EARL - what model keyboard are you referring to?  I just purchased a Genos, don't know how to do much on it - - so was wondering if that's what you have?

Good luck, Gloria
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 10:04:42 PM »
Just remember that after you save the Registration, you must save the Registration BANK as well, or you will lose your work when you change Banks.

That’s why we like to use the term memorize a registration, and save a bank. Then it’s clearer what we’re referring to.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 10:06:21 PM »
EARL - what model keyboard are you referring to?  I just purchased a Genos, don't know how to do much on it - - so was wondering if that's what you have?

Earl has a PSR3000.

What questions do you have for the Genos?

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

ekurburski

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 08:37:20 PM »
Gloria. I have an old PSR 3000 I bought used from Gary Diamond.  Actually I stole it from him.  Only paid $500.  Being as poor as I am I probably would still be working on my 740 (which I never learned to use, all the time I had it).  Problem is I have gotten by with using just the features live without doing any programming or changing the kb at all for years.  Now that I'm semi-retired I'm attempting to go beyond the normal settings.  Fact is, that if I get ahead and purchase a newer Yamaha in the future what I'm learning now is supposed to be transferable,

Congrats your purchase of the Geno's.   You are at the right spot to learn how to use it beyond the normal uses.  I have found many here who have answered my most foolish questions 3 and 4 times in different ways to help me understand so don't feel intimidated in asking for help.  This group will give it.