Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

V-Console for Genos user first impression review

<< < (8/8)

jwyvern:
Thank you Gérard.

Bachus,
It is not clear from  your posts whether one of your main goals is to use VC while playing out. Although I don't do so myself I think it unwise to consider this until you you have gained experience in how VC reacts to your work flow and general use in the home or studio. I find VC can suddenly switch (in say a quarter or worse of my sessions connected to Genos) to a "hanging note mode" in mid play. Quickly touching the dedicated Reset icon temporarily stops the hang, but usually once hangs occur they keep repeating and the only cure to normality is to reboot VC. Frustrating at home but not acceptable while performing live I think .............
Just a friendly heads up  :)

John

keyplayer:
happens to me too.
Pam

gerarde:
Oh my! Thank you Pam and John.
I play out and that would not work for me at all.

Gerard

Alfred59:
Me too!

Bachus:

--- Quote from: jwyvern on August 27, 2019, 09:11:18 AM ---Thank you Gérard.

Bachus,
It is not clear from  your posts whether one of your main goals is to use VC while playing out. Although I don't do so myself I think it unwise to consider this until you you have gained experience in how VC reacts to your work flow and general use in the home or studio. I find VC can suddenly switch (in say a quarter or worse of my sessions connected to Genos) to a "hanging note mode" in mid play. Quickly touching the dedicated Reset icon temporarily stops the hang, but usually once hangs occur they keep repeating and the only cure to normality is to reboot VC. Frustrating at home but not acceptable while performing live I think .............
Just a friendly heads up  :)

John

--- End quote ---

I dont play out, anymore..
Just at home...

I guess that makes an issue like this not less frustrating..

However often hanging notes come from bad midi cables, especially 5 pin din ones..
Because the note hangs when there is no note off received..

Another wellknown issue is timing issues with a usb port.
When another usb accesoire takes priority above your midi device..

I am currently having another question after reading the manuals i was send..
- the v-console uses the external controller option in the midi setting to communicate with genos
- my mfc 10 pedal uses the same external controller setting..
I can’t find wether its possible to connect 2 external controllers to the genos (one on midi2 and the other on USB.. any help here would be very very welcome

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version