Author Topic: What is Genos model number ?  (Read 19013 times)

Offline muzicman147

What is Genos model number ?
« on: September 17, 2019, 02:58:49 PM »
Hi, does anyone know what Yamaha want when they ask for Genos model number. I'm trying to get my free Europe sound pack, I've signed up and I am trying to fill in the bit about what instrument it is and it keeps asking for the model number ?
I thought Genos was the model, but if I write Genos it just stops and wont go any further.
According to the manual there is a sticker under the front of the keyboard with the serial and model number but mine only has a serial number ?

Offline valimaties

Re: What is Genos model number ?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 03:11:21 PM »
Hi, does anyone know what Yamaha want when they ask for Genos model number. I'm trying to get my free Europe sound pack, I've signed up and I am trying to fill in the bit about what instrument it is and it keeps asking for the model number ?
I thought Genos was the model, but if I write Genos it just stops and wont go any further.
According to the manual there is a sticker under the front of the keyboard with the serial and model number but mine only has a serial number ?

From manual:

"The model number, serial number, power requirements, etc., may be found on or near the name plate, which is at the bottom of the unit."

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 03:33:22 PM »
I think it is strange that the serial and model number cannot be found in the menu of the keyboards! Or did I miss something? Labels can be destroyed.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 04:46:41 PM »
On my Genos, the label on the underside of the keyboard has a stuck on label which says 'Genos', and underneath that is the Serial Number both as a barcode and text.

When I received the keyboard, also included was an 'Online Member Product Registration' document showing the Product ID.

I don't recall if I needed to use this to register the keyboard.  I think that I just entered 'Genos' as the model and then the serial number.

I have just logged into my account and as a test, started the process to register a new product.  When I entered 'Genos' as the model, a box appeared below the entry field which showed Genos.  This was only an information box - there were no 'clickable' objects in it, so it looks as if 'Genos' was accepted as the model.

The box to enter the serial number is further down the page, and was not visible on my laptop screen until I scrolled down.  Could it be that you haven't scrolled down to find this box?

Once the keyboard has been successfully registered you will get an email with a promo code to use on the Yamaha Musicsoft site which will adjust the cost of one of the 'offer' packs to zero at the checkout stage. It worked fine for me.  I was also able to get free Genos versions of all the Yamaha Premium Packs that I had previously purchased for my Tyros4.

Regards

Ian

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 05:38:01 PM »
There is a label on the box and also underneath the Genos.   The label contains the following info:

Model #  Serial # and UPC #

See attached pic . . . .

The best way is to take a picture with your cell phone.

It seems that the model # varies depending on Country . . . .  the other identifiers are unique to your keyboard.

thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:50:44 PM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 02:30:54 PM »
A metal plate under the keyboard is on all Yamaha keyboards and has the serial number of that modle.
The other information you need is on the leaflet that comes with the manuals.