Author Topic: MixMaster - Style  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Normanfernandez

MixMaster - Style
« on: September 23, 2018, 07:04:01 PM »
I've been working on MixMaster, I'm getting the hang of it. How do I play styles?

Midi works fine
But not Style files ,
Any help?
Thank you!

Edit - I can play the Style ,
But seems to be playing the same thing regardless of
" Data Seart Location"
Also how do I play a Single Channel and note?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:22:43 PM by Normanfernandez »
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline MBedesem

Re: MixMaster - Style
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 08:24:10 PM »
Norm:

See the following from MM Manual:

Style Files Most all modern styles assign more than one midi channel to a specific ‘part’ (e.g. bass, pad). Often these channels are not designed to be played together, but only when certain chord types (e.g. major, min, aug), as defined in the style’s Casm, are keyed.

Generally, the midi channels 9-16 are in the same key, are assigned to major chords, and can be played together. Use the solo/mute buttons to select channels or mute channels 1-8.

If you simply Play the entire style file, the sections will play in an undefined sequence and it will be difficult to follow.
The beginning of style Sections (e.g. Main A, Ending 3, etc), however, are identified in the file by marker events of the same name.

To play one section, use the From = Marker control on the Play Control toolbar to select a variation and then use the Play From To button.

Starting with the Tyros 3-4-PSR-S910, guitar parts in multipads and style files may use note events to specify the fret position and not just note pitch. These channels only sound properly when loaded and played in the instrument. If a guitar channel sounds strange, then it indicates that this might be the problem. Use the Mute button to silence.

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5