Author Topic: Saving the balance settings  (Read 11139 times)

ekurburski

Saving the balance settings
« on: September 22, 2018, 07:49:46 PM »
I want to cnange the basic overall balance Of the kb.  I want to set up all sound levels to 75 except the mike which will be at 100.  Once I do that how do I save it so when I turn the kb on and off it comes back up that way?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Saving the balance settings
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 08:03:35 PM »
You create a setup registration which sets up the keyboard the way you want it. Then load thus registration every time you power on.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

ekurburski

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 08:54:00 PM »
Fred,
But now I'm back to registrations and how to save them.  I sent a pm to you        explaining my basic misunderstanding.  Hopefully you will be able to help me out there.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 11:01:58 PM »
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 11:09:42 PM »
Fred,
But now I'm back to registrations and how to save them.  I sent a pm to you        explaining my basic misunderstanding.  Hopefully you will be able to help me out there.

Gmail sent your pm to spam, which also shows why you are better off to post your questions here.

You get the benefit of more timely responses, from the most knowledgeable source, and others get the benefit of answers provided.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 11:29:27 PM »
Hello :) Isen't it possible to make a retup file, and get the keyboard to boot with this setup file every time? I would also like to change the default panel settings on my S970. For instance, I almost never use it without styles, and seldom use the grand piano, so why start with that every time it comes on?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 12:47:30 AM »
Yes, this is very easy, and I posted instructions on this topic several times, and I believe Fred has as well.

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 02:24:17 AM »
This is an extract from the link that Gary provided a couple of posts above . . . .

Create A Startup Registration
A Startup Registration is one that instantly recalls pertinent commands that will be used every time you turn on the keyboard.

The link provides exact instructions on what to do and step-by-step how to do it . . . .

thanks
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:27:24 AM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 02:57:05 AM »
Hello :) Isen't it possible to make a retup file, and get the keyboard to boot with this setup file every time? ...

Hi Toril,

no, it is NOT possible to load a particular Registration automatically, when booting the keyboard. You always have to load a so called "Setup Registration" or "Startup Registration" manually. You can also make several Setup Regs (in one or more Banks). To make the files(s) appear at the top of the list, simply place a special character (e. g. an apostroph or an underline) at the beginning of the file names. In this way, you can call up the desired Setup Reg very quickly.

P.S.
On startup, the last Registration Bank will be reloaded automatically. If you woud load a particular Setup Reg right before switching off the keybord, this Reg BANK will be loaded on next startup, and you just have to press the desired Reg memory button at the next startup.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:36:40 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 10:04:30 AM »
Thanks a lot, Gary, Al and Chris😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

ekurburski

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 02:29:55 PM »
All that is fine and dandy but we're dealing with a really brain dead 75 year old that doesn't deem to understand easy instructions.  I have followed Gary's instructions and I have created a basic startup registration for my opening tune (Trying to follow Don's plan of then filling other 7 slots with other basic styles I intend on using).  My problem is; that the overall balance of the keyboard is not being set.  I want to set every thing at about 75 except the mike which would be at 100.  I'm obviously missing something here.

Earl

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 05:20:58 PM »
All that is fine and dandy but we're dealing with a really brain dead 75 year old that doesn't deem to understand easy instructions.  I have followed Gary's instructions and I have created a basic startup registration for my opening tune (Trying to follow Don's plan of then filling other 7 slots with other basic styles I intend on using).  My problem is; that the overall balance of the keyboard is not being set.  I want to set every thing at about 75 except the mike which would be at 100.  I'm obviously missing something here.

Why not just set the mic at 125? Leave the rest alone.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline mikf

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 05:26:03 PM »
I may be wrong, but I think your problem is that overall keyboard balance cant be saved in a registration in the keyboards you have. Like Fred says, easy solution is just turn the mic up to 125, when you start up.
Mike

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 08:38:54 PM »
Fred's solution is the easiest, however, all this information can be saved to a startup registration. The problem arises when old registrations are loaded into the keyboard, registrations that do not hold that information, thus the keyboard will revert to whatever the balance settings were when that old registration was created.

I know this must all sound confusing, Earl, therefore, I suggest rereading my instructions on registrations, and be sure to look at Fred's video and read the other instructions posted on registrations. Once you get the hang of how registrations are created and determine exactly what they do, this will all become much easier for you. Keep in mind that none of us learned the registration system in a couple hours. For me, it took weeks to comprehend the operating system, and there always seems to be something new that I inadvertently discover.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

ekurburski

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 11:34:03 PM »
Gary, I think I understand.  Fact is you had 100's of registration files on the kb and so every time I leave my initial setup reg and go to one of yours I'm overwriting the balance settings.  I need to be sure to reload the initial setup b4 saving a newly created one. I think I'm figuring it out. yes, no, maybe.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 12:59:12 AM »
You've got it, Earl. That's exactly what happens.

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...