Author Topic: Farfisa organ  (Read 11267 times)

Offline HVYamaha

• HVYamaha
  • Asst. Member
  • A life without music is no life at all
Farfisa organ
« on: October 06, 2018, 01:30:34 PM »
Hello, does anyone know if there is an organ voice like a FARFISA organ, or how to make this voice for my psr 3000?
Thanks for any reply

Henk

Offline andyg

Re: Farfisa organ
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 06:30:50 PM »
There were dozens and dozens of Farfisa organs, with various eras and 'families' each having their own sound. But I guess you're thinking of something like a Farfisa Compact from the 1960s. If so, then look to see if you have a Combo Organ in your on-board sounds. I'm sure it will be there somewhere. You could experiment with adjusting the vibrato etc and you could even try editing something like one of the old, old voices like a Clarinet. Play around to see if you can make it more organ-like and mix it with the Combo Organ.

And you could play around with Organ Flutes to find a drawbar setting that is suitably 'thin'.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 07:58:53 PM »
Hi Henk,

There is a voice named 'It60'sOrgan' in the 'Organ' category of the 'GM2' Preset voices.  I don't know if this is anything like what you are searching for!  :-\

The 'GM2' voices do not have a dedicated panel button to access them.  Instead, you access them by first opening the Voice selection screen 'Preset' tab. 

If the 'UP' icon at the bottom right of the screen is lit, press the upper #8 button ('UP') enough times until it goes out. You are now at the top level of the Voice folders, which is where all the voice category folders are located.

Select page 2 ('P2') if necessary and you should see the 'GM2' folder listed.   Select it and it will open to show all the category folders within it (I suspect that it will be on 'P1' page).

Open it to list the voices within it.

At this top folder level you will also see another voice category, 'GM & XG', which like 'GM2' doesn't have a dedicated panel button.  It is worth looking in there as well to see if there is anything like the voice that you want.

Remember that you can edit the voice a little using the 'Sound Creator' as described starting on page 95 in the 'PSR-3000 Owner's Manual'.  This is the only way to change voices on the 3000.  Although you can load edited voices made by other people, they will simply be modifications of the Sound Creator parameters.   After making any changes remember to save the edited voice as a 'User' voice in the 'USER' area, USB or Card.

Regards

Ian

Offline HVYamaha

• HVYamaha
  • Asst. Member
  • A life without music is no life at all
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 11:08:32 AM »
Hi guys, thanks for the response. The gm2 voice "itorgan" is about what I'm looking for. Add some vibrato and I have what I need.
Thanks again.

ekurburski

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 05:46:25 PM »
WOW!  From my 740 days I knew the xg and gm sounds where on the kb but I had no idea of how to access them.  Never used the on the 740 as the where very weak compared to the preset voices.  Not so on my 3000! All of the sounds I checked out where good and of equal strength as the preset sounds.  Man this opens a whole new set of toys to play with and get familiar with.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 06:51:19 PM »
Oh yes!!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Bruce Breen

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 12:53:29 AM »
And if anyone is looking for a voice that isn't even in the GM2 files -
Don't forget that on the psrtutorial.com home site (not this forum), when looking under Styles, then under Other Files, there are some voice collections under the Voices tab!!
Regarding organ voices for instance, select the MB Collection Tab (Michael Bedesem) and you will see two zip files of just organ voices (Drawbar Voices & Organ).

Have fun!
Bruce Breen
playing a PSR-S950, PSR-2100 & Piano Accordion

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 09:25:11 AM »
Thanks Bruce!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline pjd

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 01:29:27 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for the response. The gm2 voice "itorgan" is about what I'm looking for. Add some vibrato and I have what I need.
Thanks again.

You betcha! This voice is a hidden gem. I still prefer it over the newer combo organ sounds.

-- pj