Author Topic: Drum part will not record  (Read 2075 times)

bobn

Drum part will not record
« on: November 04, 2020, 03:17:02 PM »
When quick recording using a preset style, the drum part fails to record. All of the other voices record fine.
The drum part plays fine as long as I'm not recording. I switched to other styles and same thing happens.
I made sure the drum channel was on when recording, tried other styles and it still fails to record drums.
I really hope my board is not bad and maybe I am overlooking something, Any suggestions-thanks

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Drum part will not record
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 03:29:58 PM »
When quick recording using a preset style, the drum part fails to record. All of the other voices record fine.
The drum part plays fine as long as I'm not recording. I switched to other styles and same thing happens.
I made sure the drum channel was on when recording, tried other styles and it still fails to record drums.
I really hope my board is not bad and maybe I am overlooking something, Any suggestions-thanks

When you do a quick recording, you don't get to choose which channels to record. It records them all.

So which kind of recording are you doing -- a quick record, or a multi record (where you choose which channels are on or off)?

Also, where is it that you're not hearing the drums -- when you play back the recording on the keyboard, or when you play it on something else?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

bobn

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 03:48:22 PM »
I am doing a quick recording using a preset style. When I play back there is no drum part recorded.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 04:07:46 PM »
T5 has a lot of audio styles. If you make a recording using an audio style the drums will be left out. The drums of audio styles are protected be copyright. Try recording with another style. I
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Online overover

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 04:25:57 PM »
Hi bobn,

there are 40 so called "+Audio" Styles on Tyros5.

If you use such an Audio Style, the main Drum Part is AUDIO and cannot be recorded by doing a MIDI recording.

There are two options you can do:

1. Use the Audio Recorder

2. If you use the MIDI Recorder, the Audio Drums will not be recorded (but only a few individual MIDI Drum sounds, like crash cymbals, which in addition to the Audio Drums still sound on channels 9 and 10 of certain Audio Styles.

When you play back the recorded MIDI file, you will not hear the main Drums. So, make sure that ACMP is OFF, and also make sure that the same STYLE is loaded that you used for the MIDI recording before. Now, while the MIDI Song is playing, additionally start the STYLE. The MIDI file will automatically control the STYLE in the same way you have played it when you recorded the MIDI file. (You can also use any other Style, and have it automatically controlled by the playing MIDI file.)

If desired, you can record this using the AUDIO Recorder now.

P.S.
It is not due to copyright as suggested by Toril, but, as mentioned, the Audio Part of the Audio Styles simply cannnot be recorded as MIDI data.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 06:20:59 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

bobn

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 06:11:15 PM »
Thank you all for the input. The style I'm using is audio. I had a feeling this was my problem. just wasn't sure. Thanks again to all.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 07:29:39 PM »
Chris, thanks for the clatification!😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page