Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Touch Screen & Live Controls

Lyrics/Karaoke midi files

<< < (2/4) > >>

Gunnar Jonny:

--- Quote from: dinapoli on October 02, 2018, 05:06:05 PM ---........ What am I doing wrong?
I tried this with a few midi files the result is the same.

--- End quote ---

Hi.

Figured out this when help another Genos user how to edit midifile 'live' when midi plays.
I assume the same goes for what you want to do.
Quite a lot 'buttonpressing', but maybe someone know another and more easy way to do it?

- Press the white 'Recording' button at the left side of the keyboard.
- Choose 'Mutirecord' at the TouchScreen
- Choose 'New Song' (Check that midi switch upper T-screen is set to Midi)
- Browse to location of your file, and highligt the midifile by press the name.
- Press X upper at right screen
- Now you can start the midi if you wish to by use of the player control lower left T-screen
- Press 'Menu' upper T-screen
- Press 'Mixer'
- Choose the desired track selector upper line at T-screen (Song 1-8 / Song 9-16)
- Edit what you want to edit.
- Press X in T-screen.
- (Stop song if runningh) then press 'Setup' at upper T-Screen.
- Press 'Execute'
- Press 'Close'  (if large midi wait a second or two, if not sometimes press twice.)
- Press 'Save'

This lead you to the keypad naming screen, rename and / or just browse to where you want to save the file.

Hope this is for any help. Good luck. :)

dinapoli:
Thank you Jonny,

Basically I've been doing the same steps.  Genos shows that the edit has been EXECUTED and I SAVED it with a different name, the new files shows up where I saved it, the keyboard just doesn't seem to save the changes.  I just tried again, I simply lowered the drums all the way down.  the same happened.

I just got off the phone with Yamaha, they asked me to send them one of my midi files,  I told them these file worked well in my Tyros 1 and 3 and in my Audya, I was able to make all the changes I wanted.  I e-mailed him a midi file anyway.

While on the phone with the support man from Yamaha, I explained again the problem with the lyrics, it shouldn't take so many button pushes to get the lyrics on.  The Tyros 1 and 3 and the Audya didn't have this problem.  He agreed it is a nuisance and a distraction for someone who performs live.  He is going to try to find a way.  This is supposed to be an improvement over the Tyros! Even a free program such as VAN BASCO shows the lyrics as soon a file is loaded.

dinapoli:
Thank Jonny,

I tried again today, it worked!

Frankly I don't know what I was doing wrong, somehow I most have been skipping a step in the saving process.

So many steps, but if I do often it will be routine.

Now if only we can get the keyboard display the lyrics without pressing any buttons, like I do with other arrangers or the same way I do with Van Basco, the keyboard will be much better for live performance.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: dinapoli on October 19, 2018, 04:37:29 PM ---Now if only we can get the keyboard display the lyrics without pressing any buttons, like I do with other arrangers or the same way I do with Van Basco, the keyboard will be much better for live performance.

--- End quote ---

This is easily done with registrations and playlists.

Cheers,
Fred

dinapoli:
Thank you Fred,  how do I do it?

I want to be able to just touch the midi file and the lyrics appear without touching or pressing any other button.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version