Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Touch Screen & Live Controls

Lyrics/Karaoke midi files

<< < (4/4)

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: dinapoli on October 19, 2018, 09:08:18 PM ---I downloaded the manual for the Tyros 3. On page 50, under the screen you can see a bunch of buttons.  Number 4 is dedicated to lyrics on and off.  Probably I set up all my songs with this button engaged and saved to registrations. I don't know how, but the Tyros 3 remembered not only the button engaged but displayed the lyrics as soon as the file is loaded.

I tried to do the same with Genos I set the assignable button #1 for lyrics, I saved it in a Registration, I saved it with the Title of the song opened in the display, When I go back to that registration, the keyboard remembers the location of the song, remembers the settings of the assignable button, but I need to push the button for lyrics to appear in the screen.

--- End quote ---

In fact, both Tyros and Genos operate the same way. You load the song, then press the lyrics button. The only difference is that Tyros has a dedicate Lyrics button; on Genos, you have to assign the operation to one of the assignable buttons. Once assigned, it will stay assigned forever, unless you or a registration change it. If you want to duplicate this Tyros operation, there's no need for a registration. Just assign the function to a button (I use Button E), and leave it there.

It's true that once lyrics are engaged, the Tryos will stay on the lyrics screen. But so will the Genos. But then how do you load the next song without pressing buttons to do so? If you're using the Autoplay feature of the Tyros (where it will randomly or sequentially play another song in the folder), you can do the same in Genos with a Songlist. And this feature is even better on the Genos because the songs don't have to be in the same folder.

In summary, you can do exactly the same thing on Genos as you did on Tyros. But before you go down that road, you should remind yourself why you bought a new keyboard. It was to take advantage of new features on it. In addition to being able to do things the old way, you should check into the additional features that Genos offers -- Songlists, and Playlists. I'm betting you'll like either one better than the old way.

Cheers,
Fred

dinapoli:
Fred,

In the Tyros 3 settings you'll find lyrics ON/OFF, I couldn't find this setting in the Genos, they have a text box you can check, but not lyrics.
Yamaha told me they will work on it.  Any window player, and all the Karaoke players program have the feature to show lyrics as soon you load a karaoke file.

I use a play list on the computer, simply have different folders for different jobs,

My registrations are set sort of as play list I set my registrations with a number in front of the title of the song, the number represents a genre, I have been using this system forever and I am very comfortable with it.

Thank you   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version