Author Topic: How to create Audio Styles for S970 with the Yamaha Audio Phraser?  (Read 3515 times)

How to create Audio Styles for S970 with the Yamaha Audio Phraser?
« on: September 19, 2018, 09:24:15 PM »
I import the .wav files of a drum beat for example 2 bars on 109bpm, but I see that on the program saids that the wav file is 1 bars 72bpm. Then when I change the information manually, it saids “estimate tempo 120bpm, wave length 4 sec, section length 4.404 sec, time stretch 90.82% and I Can’t change it. Then when I play the wave loop,from the second repetition it doesn’t start at tempo. Help me please, I read the manual but I Can’t find a solution.

Offline Jay B.

Re: How to create Audio Styles for S970 with the Yamaha Audio Phraser?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 08:26:14 PM »
I don't know this for sure, but the Yamaha USA site states in the description of the Windows version:

"Audio Phraser is mac software to assign Audio phrase to Style’s section. If you use this software and Genos, you can make you own Audio Style and enjoy playing loop music.

*Supported audio format: WAV (Stereo 44.1khz)

*MIDI Style can be created using compatible instrument's Style Creator function.

*MIDI Style will not follow chord progression of audio phrase."

Two things - it is intended for use with Genos, maybe not PSR-S970 AND It appears to be more of a loop than a true style. It can't follow chords...

Jay B.

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 02:38:05 AM »
Hi rodrigo.b,

first of all, is the format of this .wav file you used definitely "44.1 kHz sampling rate / 16 bit resolution / STEREO" ?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 10:07:27 PM »
Thank you! No it isn't, it is 24 bit resolution

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 11:29:37 PM »
Thank you! No it isn't, it is 24 bit resolution

Then you’ll need to convert it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons