Author Topic: What do I need for microphone.  (Read 3569 times)

Robfind

What do I need for microphone.
« on: September 17, 2018, 04:49:52 PM »
Good morning guys and gals,in the past y'all been so helpful since you are all more experienced than me in this matter.I will be ordering my PSR S975 in the next few days and the new way I will set up since I live in an apartment complex for older folks I will try to sing again after 10 yrs hiatus.Now I can't sing too loud and I will use headphones at all times.Now here is where you come in.I would like a headworn Mic does not have to be wireless since I won't be walking around a stage.
I do and will appreciate your expertise and suggestion.I will become a full member .
Thanks
Bob Findlay

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: What do I need for microphone.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 08:41:32 PM »
You'll need to get a Dynamic Microphone,
I tested a cheap microphone long ago

I recomend getting a good one

The Extra cost is worth it.

Other members here might have mics
They will be of more help.

Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline overover

Re: What do I need for microphone.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 12:50:38 AM »
Hi Bob,

I also recommend a "normal", Dynamic type vocal microphone to use with the S975.

A very good choice is the "Shure Beta 58A". You need the following cable:

XLR female connector to standard phone plug (1/4 " Mono).

If you want a "headworn"/"headset" microphone, it either has to be also a Dynamic type (that needs no power supply) ...

https://www.thomann.de/gb/headset_microphones.html?feature-51940%5B0%5D=Dynamic&filter=true&oa=pra&price-first=0

... OR, if it is a Condenser type, you have to use a power adaptor box with batteries or an external power supply box.

But in my experience, a "normal" vocal mic makes it easier to get a good vocal sound (compared to a headset mic). :)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:19:57 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)