Author Topic: Midi song/sequence help request  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Jay B.

Midi song/sequence help request
« on: September 16, 2018, 03:40:01 AM »
Hi folks,

I purchased a midi song from Yamaha and want to change the voices used. I was able to "re-voice" the song on my s970 and then went to save the file. I selected my USB drive and successfully saved a new file, but it did not have the voice edit when I re-loaded it for use. Is there something I am missing?

Jay B.

SeaGtGruff

Re: Midi song/sequence help request
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 04:27:44 AM »
I don't know if you can revoice it on the keyboard and save the changes, unless you're editing it in the song sequencer, which might not be allowed if the MIDI file has a copyright notice in it. It would probably be simpler to edit the voices on your computer with an application.

Pino

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:09:56 AM »
You can do MIDI editing on the keyboard
Press EXECUTE before you SAVE.

Pino

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 07:30:26 AM »
... I purchased a midi song from Yamaha and want to change the voices used. I was able to "re-voice" the song on my s970 and then went to save the file. I selected my USB drive and successfully saved a new file, but it did not have the voice edit when I re-loaded it for use. Is there something I am missing? ...

Hi Jay B.,

after you made the desired changes in Mixing Console of your S970, go to "Song Creator" ---> Tab "Setup".

In that screen, make sure that the upper seven boxes (Voice to EQ) are checked. The lower five boxes (Keyboard Voice to Guide Setting) should normally be unchecked. (If "Keyboard Voice" was checked here, you would write the actual Voice settings of the Keyboard Parts (R1/2, Left) to the MIDI file, when saving the file.)

Now press "Apply" (= button 8 )  to bring the changes into the Song.

Then press "Save" (= button I )  to save the file (preferably with a new or changed file name).

Best regards,
Chris

P.S.
In Tyros models or older PSR-S models, one have to go to "Song Creator" ---> Tab "Channel" ---> "Setup" and then press "Execute" and "Save", to save changes to a MIDI file.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 07:37:42 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Jay B.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 01:28:42 PM »
Chris, you get the "cigar" for the correct answer. Thank you!

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 02:07:33 AM »
Chris, you get the "cigar" for the correct answer. Thank you!

Hi Jay B.,

Thank you very much for the nice feedback!

I am glad that I could help you!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)