Author Topic: I was here about 10 yrs ago and for a bunch of reasons I stopped playing.  (Read 3471 times)

Robfind

So now maybe because I turned 69 today it's 09.45 PM here alone with a cheese cake.
I had about 4 PSR in the past and now I've been itching for a couple months to buy the S975.
But now I'm stuck with COPD at 48% so I'm not sure I want to spend $3000 to get set up again I'm not rich but I could afford it,thanks for listening and I will keep you informed as you were all very sweet and generous with your help.
Good nite John Boy and he replied good nite grampa.

Offline Ed B

Re: I was here about 10 yrs ago and for a bunch of reasons I stopped playing.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 02:59:51 AM »
Welcome back
The 975 is a good choice...
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

The following users thanked this post: EileenL

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 03:06:04 AM »
Welcome back, Rob, and happy birthday! I'm sorry to hear about your COPD.

If you have the money to spare then a PSR-S975 would be a fine keyboard to buy. But if you aren't sure whether you might need that money for some emergency then a PSR-S775 would also be fine. And if you want to start back with something even less expensive then there's a PSR-S670, or maybe a used PSR-S770 or a used PSR-S970. Or if you want to go even less expensive, there is the PSR-EW410 or PSR-E463, although they have less sophisticated style capabilities and overall functionalities than the PSR-S models.

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 12:16:42 PM »
Hi Rob and happy birthday  8)

I completely agree with Michael’s analysis.

If you are on a tight budget and not quite sure that you will be playing again, I’d say an used PSR S770 is the best value for money. If you’re into vocals, I’d rather go for the S970, though.

If you are really looking for something entry level, the PSR E463 is great fun. If you feel you need fully-fledged styles with 4 variations, the Casio CT-X3000 and 5000 are worth looking at (you can even plug a mic into the 5000). They are very cheap and good value for money.

If you can, try the keyboard before buying it, or buy it new with an option to return it and get a refund in the case that you really don’t like it. It is really hard to choose a keyboard without having heard how it sounds, and you cannot decide whether the key feel suits you without playing the keyboard yourself.

Please let us know what you’ve chosen once your decision will be made.  ;)

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.