Author Topic: transposing intire instrument  (Read 8986 times)

ekurburski

transposing intire instrument
« on: September 13, 2018, 04:37:59 PM »
As I'm playing I want to raise pitch of instrument up a half-step.  I press transpose button and go up 1 semi-tone but nothing happens.  What might I be missing?

Offline Toril S

Re: transposing intire instrument
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 05:23:16 PM »
I have the same problem on my 2100, Earl. I have to press the button 2 times before the keyboard reacts. There may be some settings that can fix the problem for us, someone will certainly chime in and help us :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:25:06 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Bruce Breen

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 05:29:58 PM »
From what I remember when playing my 2100, the first push of the button brings it up on screen to show you where you are currently, and then the second push will then alter the pitch.
I am not sure if you can alter that setting though...

When I started playing my S950 a year and a half ago, I found that one push up or down already changed the pitch - and so I had to get use to that... :)!
Bruce Breen
playing a PSR-S950, PSR-2100 & Piano Accordion

ekurburski

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 06:05:54 PM »
Man. I feel a lot better now.  I was kind of embarrassed to ask the question but glad to see I'm not only one with the problem.  Going to go and check it out now.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 06:24:49 PM »
Man. I feel a lot better now.  I was kind of embarrassed to ask the question but glad to see I'm not only one with the problem.  Going to go and check it out now.

It's interesting that the Tyros and Genos are different. A single press of a transpose button changes the key a semi-tone. And I prefer the PSR setup -- pressing it once brings up a screen telling me what transpose is, and then I can decide how much to change it (which is the way the tempo buttons operate).

Regardless, it's not a setting you can change on either instrument.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 06:59:33 PM »
Bruce and Fred are correct. It is made to be this way. Checked it out on my 2100 just now. Thanks, guys😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

ekurburski

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 08:40:51 PM »
Well. My dumbness is coming through again.  What button do I press once or twice?  i see two transpose buttons side by side.  one +, one -.  {If i press + once it says up one semi=tone if i press it twic e it says up two semitones etc.  but nothing happens.  which button should I be seeing and pressing next?

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 08:58:12 PM »
Hello Earl! Nothing happens before you press the chord again. If you keep pressing down the chord notes nothing will happen. Press transpose, lift hand from chord, press chord again. Them it will transpose.I struggle with this too. It is not dumbness, if someone is dumb, it is the heap of circuit boards we are trying to play :) :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

ekurburski

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 11:06:59 PM »
duh..... who would of thought?  Will try after my nap.

ekurburski

Re: transposing intire instrument SOLVED
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 01:11:20 AM »
Tori, that was it.  Just need to know the trick and it works fine!

Online overover

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 01:23:11 AM »
Hi ekurburski.

you may have to set the "Transpose Assign" on your PSR-3000/1500 correctly, before you can use the panel Transpose buttons:

Please call up the following screen:

[FUNCTION] --->  CONTROLLER ---> Tab KEYBOARD/PANEL ---> TRANSPOSE ASSIGN

If you select "KEYBOARD" there, the panel Transpose buttons will transpose the Keyboard parts, Style parts and Multipad parts (NOT the Song parts).

If you select "SONG", ONLY the Song (MIDI file) parts will be transposed by the panel buttons.

If you select "MASTER", the overall pitch of the PSR-3000/1500 is transposed. In the Mixing Console (Tab "TUNE") you can set "KEYBOARD" (KBD) and "SONG" to different transposition values, if needed.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:25:55 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)