PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-3000/1500 (SFF1)

transposing intire instrument

(1/3) > >>

ekurburski:
As I'm playing I want to raise pitch of instrument up a half-step.  I press transpose button and go up 1 semi-tone but nothing happens.  What might I be missing?

Toril S:
I have the same problem on my 2100, Earl. I have to press the button 2 times before the keyboard reacts. There may be some settings that can fix the problem for us, someone will certainly chime in and help us :)

Bruce Breen:
From what I remember when playing my 2100, the first push of the button brings it up on screen to show you where you are currently, and then the second push will then alter the pitch.
I am not sure if you can alter that setting though...

When I started playing my S950 a year and a half ago, I found that one push up or down already changed the pitch - and so I had to get use to that... :)!

ekurburski:
Man. I feel a lot better now.  I was kind of embarrassed to ask the question but glad to see I'm not only one with the problem.  Going to go and check it out now.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: ekurburski on September 13, 2018, 06:05:54 PM ---Man. I feel a lot better now.  I was kind of embarrassed to ask the question but glad to see I'm not only one with the problem.  Going to go and check it out now.

--- End quote ---

It's interesting that the Tyros and Genos are different. A single press of a transpose button changes the key a semi-tone. And I prefer the PSR setup -- pressing it once brings up a screen telling me what transpose is, and then I can decide how much to change it (which is the way the tempo buttons operate).

Regardless, it's not a setting you can change on either instrument.

Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version