Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Speakers / Foot Pedals

Genos speakers GNS-MS01 ? Good ?

(1/6) > >>

Al Ram:
Hello Friends,

I currently have Yamaha monitors to play Genos at home.  Additionally I have 2 Bose L1's for playing at events. The 2 Boses can handle at least over 100 people.  I connect the microphone directly to Genos and then from Genos to the sound system. (Actually, i have a mixer because i use other devices).

However, sometimes, when someone invites you to play at their home, bringing Bose L1 is an overkill.    Bringing the Yamaha monitors are heavy and bulky.

Looking to purchase the Genos GNS-MS01 speaker set for portability and easier setup for these type of occasions, but wondering if the sound quality and volume is good enough for an average home.   I would only bring the two speakers and NOT the subwoofer (which seems heavy).

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GenosSpeakers--yamaha-gns-ms01-speaker-system-for-genos

This is not for my own home, is for when playing at someone else's home. 

Can the system be used with only the 2 satellite speakers and Without the subwoofer ?

Any thoughts ?

thanks in advance.

tyrosaurus:
The two satellite speakers are passive and contain no built-in amplification.

The amplifier for these, as well as the 'sub' speaker is built into the 'sub' unit!

The speakers will be rather quiet without the sub unit connected!  ::)

Regards

Ian

Al Ram:
Ian

thanks a lot.  Good to know.

that answers my question.  Bringing the sub will kind of defeat my purpose . . . .

The sub looks similar in size to the bose (base).   thanks

thanks again.   

louwe46:
Watch and listen to Bose S1, they are super.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xld3sGwKHos

Greeting

mcbrown:
Hi Al,
the GNS-MS01 sub is only 6.5kg (14lb 5ozs) and the satellites are 1.1kg (2lb 7ozs) which is not that heavy IMHO. As Ian has already stated, you have to use the sub to also drive the satellites. I have turned the sub down and run it without bass and it sounds very weak and full of treble and not a sound your audience would like.

I have the GNS-MS01 and I am very happy with it after I had adjusted the bass setting on the sub and the speaker eq settings on the Genos. I only use it at home and I use 2 LD Systems MAUI 28 G2's when playing out. When all is said and done its all about what works for you.
Murray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version