Author Topic: Settings lost on a couple registrations  (Read 2846 times)

Offline mgbchuck

Settings lost on a couple registrations
« on: September 20, 2018, 06:49:22 PM »
Howdy..... For some reason.....on a couple different registrations..... I am losing my instrumentation that I picked.  I will bring up that song...... and the instruments I chose are not correct. If I press the button for that registration a second time.....then the proper instruments will show up. Then everything is fine. I will go in.... hit the memory button again to save it..... and is shows that it saved.  However then next time I pull it up..... the same thing happens again. I have to hit the registration button again before it has the right instruments.  This is only on 3 or 4 songs....... all the others work fine.  I am not sure what the problem is,

Thanks..... Chuck Lyons

Offline overover

Re: Settings lost on a couple registrations
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 02:25:06 AM »
Hi Chuck,

this is the "well known" problem, if a MIDI file is called up by a Registration, and this MIDI file contains so called "Keyboard Voice" Meta Events.

To avoid this in the future, please make sure to have unchecked the box "KEYBOARD VOICE", when saving changes to a MIDI file in "Song Creator - Channel - Setup" screen.

An easy way to REMOVE those "Keyboard Voice" Meta Events from MIDI files is to use the PC software program "PSRUTI":

http://heikoplate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=83

Download and install the program on your Windows PC and load the desired MIDI file in PSRUTI. Click "Extras ---> Delete Keyboard Events" and be sure that at least the first box ist checked (Delete Meta Events "Keyboard Voice"). Normally you can leave the standard settings (only the last box unchecked). Now click ok button twice, then Exit button and "Save" or "Save as" button. ("Save" will overwrite the original file without asking you!)

It is also possible to remove those "Keyboard Events" in Song Creator on the Tyros5, but in my opinion this is easier in PSRUTI. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 02:30:09 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

henrycar

Re: Settings lost on a couple registrations
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 07:47:21 PM »
Overover,
Tried to open the download for PSRUTI tha you mention, but it won't open. It has an .msi file that windows won't open.
Windows shows an error saying that file file has something wrong.

I like to have that program, sounds like a must have.

Thanks a lot
henrycar