Author Topic: Genos and Tyros 5 Music Finder behaviour  (Read 6772 times)

Genos and Tyros 5 Music Finder behaviour
« on: September 09, 2018, 12:38:01 PM »
I have loaded the T5 Music Finder records to a Playlist on my new Genos and can load and play the songs ok which is great. My problem is with searching for, then loading a song,which is somewhere in the middle of the 1825 records.

I can scroll through the 183 pages of songs one by one, a painfully slow exercise after one or two songs, or to the start or to the end of the list, and when I eventually get to the song I want, I can highlight it and there is a load button which loads it ok.

If I search for a title which is somewhere in the Playlist, it is found by the Genos with any others having the key search word as well, but the List View changes to an Icon View, with no option to load the song that I can see. Touching and highlighting the song does not load it and exiting the screen returns me to where I was back in List view.

How do you quickly find individual songs in the middle of a long Playlist and then load them? What am I missing?
Genos, Montage 7, PSR EW-410 HS5's, mfc10
Former Keyboards: T1/2/3/5 & various Organs

Offline Stijn

Re: Genos and Tyros 5 Music Finder behaviour
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 06:33:02 PM »
When you find a song in a Playlist, you can't Load it. That's correct.
The purpose of the 'Search' button in this window, is not to Load a Registration, but to append it to a Playlist.
I would like to see an extra button there to Load it right away...., maybe in the next update?

So what you can do instead:
Make a playlist named 'Now playing' or 'Temp',
Make this the current Playlist by opening it,
Use the Search button to find a Registration,
   (Genos performs a search in ALL playlists)
Highlight the result(s) and touch 'Append Playlist to append it to this Playlist,'
Now you can Load the Registration,

When closing this window there's no need to save it, so you can use this Blank playlist to quickly search and load Playlist items.

Cheers,
Stijn
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 08:50:11 AM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

The following users thanked this post: AndiiRoo

Bachus

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 05:52:13 AM »
I have loaded the T5 Music Finder records to a Playlist on my new Genos and can load and play the songs ok which is great. My problem is with searching for, then loading a song,which is somewhere in the middle of the 1825 records.

I can scroll through the 183 pages of songs one by one, a painfully slow exercise after one or two songs, or to the start or to the end of the list, and when I eventually get to the song I want, I can highlight it and there is a load button which loads it ok.

If I search for a title which is somewhere in the Playlist, it is found by the Genos with any others having the key search word as well, but the List View changes to an Icon View, with no option to load the song that I can see. Touching and highlighting the song does not load it and exiting the screen returns me to where I was back in List view.

How do you quickly find individual songs in the middle of a long Playlist and then load them? What am I missing?

Same here..
We must be doing something wrong..

Its highly illogical not being able to load the playlist entry after the search.

Offline frozzers

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:19:51 AM »
I'm fairly new to the Genos and it took me a while to figure out I didn't have to create a playlist of the MusicFinder records to search for and play a particular song from the MF list. (In any event, why would I want a playlist of 1800+ songs, most of which I'll never play?)

When you're looking to play a song from the MF records, just search for it via the Registration menu search option and highlight it and press 'OK'.

If you later decide you want to add the song to a Playlist, press the Playlist button and either create a new or load an existing playlist, search for your song (it will still be in the 'Regist Search' window unless you've searched for another song in the meanwhile) and press 'Append Playlist'.

It'll then appear at the bottom of the current playlist. You can then move it around the playlist using the 'Up' and 'Down' buttons.

Chris