Author Topic: T5 Chord Fault  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Del B

T5 Chord Fault
« on: September 08, 2018, 04:54:38 PM »
My Tyros 5 has developed a fault again, it is very similar to the last fault when I had it repaired, back in December 2017.
I always play chords with fingured type, when I play any chord e.g F#m it displays as F#m/C  and plays the C bass note which does not sound melodic, it is as though it is set to fingured on bass, however the bass note does not change.
Fed up once again, my Technics lasted over 10 years without any glitches and this T5 is not quite 4 years old.

Del

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: T5 Chord Fault
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 06:14:48 PM »
Hi Del,

This is often caused because a MIDI Template has been selected which sets at least one MIDI channel to receive the 'On Bass Note' in the MIDI 'BASS' page.  The keyboard OS then expects MIDI input on these channels to use for the Bass note.  If there is no device  connected that is generating MIDI note messages on these Bass channels, the system will use C.

On my Tyros4 there are three preset MIDI Templates that have at least one 'On Bass Note' channel assigned resulting in 'slashed' chords.

They are  'MIDI Accord 1', 'MIDI Accord 2' and 'MIDI Pedal 1'  ( 'MIDI Pedal2' template does not assign any channels to the Bass and does not result in this problem).

So you should check what MIDI template is currently selected and change it if necessary.  On a T5 you access the MIDI page by pressing [FUNCTION]  >  MIDI [G button]

If you don't want any special MIDI setup, then you may as well select the 'All Parts' preset which will not cause this problem.  Once the MIDI template has been set, it will remain unchanged unless you change it or carry out a system reset.

You can read about selecting and editing MIDI setups starting on page 136 of the downloadable 'Tyros5 Reference Manual' (not the 'Owner's Manual)!

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: gary3917, Mikk

Offline Del B

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 06:22:12 PM »
Ian
Thank you very much, I must of accidently hit the MIDI Accord 1, after pressing the Function button, I have selected All parts and it is working great, thanks again for your help much appreciated.

kind regards Del

beykock

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 06:46:32 PM »
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for this golden feedback ! 💐

Babette

Offline gary3917

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 06:16:32 PM »
thanx soooooo much Ian !!!! U Da Man !!! It is so good for all of you's to share the wonderful knowledge that y'all have
Gary
Tyros 5 (finally ),Tyros 4, Korg M3 88,  Kawia MP7,Casio PX 560 Cakewalk Sonar BIAB Cubase 5
Mackie DLM8 Keyboard stereo Powered speakers and subwoofer