Author Topic: Android for Genos  (Read 2323 times)

keynote

Android for Genos
« on: September 06, 2018, 07:55:30 AM »
Smart Pianist by Yamaha Corporation is now available for Android devices. This App is compatible with Yamaha Digital Piano CSP-150/170. Here is a link to the list of Android devices confirmed to work with Smart Pianist: https://download.yamaha.com/files/tcm:39-1193040/

Here's a link about the Clavinova CSP digital piano for those who might be interested.

The reason I am posting this information is really to show how it relates to the Genos. Yamaha is now supporting Android for the Clavinova CSP-150/170 digital pianos and so perhaps Yamaha will decide to support Android for the Genos in a future update? Right now the Genos is only compatible with certain iOS (Apple) devices. Since Yamaha decided to support Android for the Clavinova CSP I'm hoping they will also support Android for the Genos in a future update. Realistically it is feasible by way of an OS update I would think but unfortunately we might have to wait until Genos 2 before it comes to fruition if indeed Yamaha decides to implement it.

For what it's worth 88 percent of all smartphones sold to end users were phones with the Android operating system plus about 65 percent of all tablets that were shipped worldwide ran on the Android operating system.  8)

Mike   

The following users thanked this post: hans1966