Author Topic: 670 and GENOS  (Read 2255 times)

edtek

670 and GENOS
« on: September 01, 2018, 03:31:42 AM »
Posted a note on GENOS forum.  Here's an edited copy:

A friend of mine came over to visit for several hours and try my new GENOS.

I met Alex when I took a beginners guitar class for seniors he teaches at the local community college.  Alex teaches piano and guitar in group classes or one on one.  He does one man band gigs at restaurants or wherever and also has a small 4 or 5 man pick up band.  He also plays in a big band.  In other words, a working musician trying to scratch out a living in music any way he can.

For his OMB gigs he uses a small Yamaha kb with external speaker amps.  I think it's an older model of the PSR-E363.  He uses only preset styles and voices.  He usually sings a couple choruses, then does an improv and finishes with another vocal chorus.  I've gone to a couple of his gigs and he sounds awesome and is very entertaining.

He tried out my GENOS and thought it was cool and all but I don't think I impressed him with my struggles to set it up to show off its features.  He thought it was kind of complicated.

He MUCH preferred my PSR-S670 .  Alex spent most of his visit playing the 670 and as usual he sounded awesome.  He likes the sounds and styles, light weight and how easy it was to recall named registrations.  He wanted to buy it from me but I want to keep it :-)

Offline vbdx66

Re: 670 and GENOS
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 09:15:28 PM »
Hi Ed,

If your friend likes the PSR S670 so much, it is very easy to find it since it is still in the shops, so he can buy one completely new and with fulll warranty.

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.