Author Topic: Playing MP3s on Tyros 5 continuously  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Jewel Palmer

Playing MP3s on Tyros 5 continuously
« on: August 25, 2018, 12:19:11 PM »
Does anyone know if there is any way to play MP3s continuously as can be done with midis.

Melodies

Seagull29

Re: Playing MP3s on Tyros 5 continuously
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 01:53:31 PM »
Hi,
can you specify exactly what you want to do?

Regards
Seagull29

Re: Playing MP3 on Tyros 5 continuously
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 05:50:36 PM »
Hello Melodies,

The only solution which occurs me would be to copy/to stick your MP3 one after the other to a track(runway) of Audacity with a small space then to select all of the track(runway) containing the MP3 before making "Export the audio..." with Audacity to realize a great MP3 containing your various MP3.

Then the big obtained file MP3 will be put on an USB key and the recordings can be read one after the other by the recorder of your keyboard.

Not better

Best Regards

Jean-Pierre 33
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 05:52:20 PM by Jean-Pierre 33 »

Offline AlBags

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 06:14:10 PM »

Hi

You can do this in Genos .. is there no Song Player in Tyros-5?
I had one but never used it!

Al

😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 07:37:24 PM »
If you mean that you want to play back audio songs one after another, then you can do this using the Tyros audio player's 'Playlist' function. 

Note that this is not the same function as the 'Playlist' on Genos which is basically a list of Registrations -  Yamaha are masters of confusing people with the nomenclature that they use!

Yamaha say about 'Playlist' on Tyros :  "The Playlist is a convenient feature within the Audio Recorder/Player that lets you collect and organize audio files for automatic playback in “jukebox” fashion. The Playlist mode can be active in the background (for example, when the Main display is selected), letting you play the listed files whenever you wish during your performance".

Setting up and using a 'Playlist' is described in the 'Tyros5 Reference Manual' (not the Owner's manual!) which you can download free from Yamaha if you haven't already done so.

The relevant information is in the section 'Playlist Mode' starting on page 88.   It includes a 'Repeat' setting which allows you to play the whole list once, the whole list repeatedly or even just one song over and over.

Regards

Ian

Offline AlBags

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 07:41:31 PM »
Ah .. thats good to know. I would have thought it would have been there.
That will work for Melodies.
Should have delved into my T5 reference manual.!

Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 08:37:16 PM »
Ian already provided a solution for T5.  So the question has been answered.

As an alternative, I do that frequently at events -play mp3's continuously - but not out of the keyboard.  I connect my iPod directly to my Bose L1 (or if you have a similar PA system).

Thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Jewel Palmer

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 12:33:40 PM »
Thanyou to you all for your replies.    Ian - I think you have the answer I need so I will download the Reference Manual and go from there -  thankyou so much for this suggestion.

Melodies