Author Topic: Back pain/ Carrying case, with wheels?  (Read 3292 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Back pain/ Carrying case, with wheels?
« on: August 28, 2018, 04:06:59 PM »
I have recently developed a serious lower spine issue.
Since my carrying case is falling apart.. it is soon time to find a light case, that perhaps has wheels.
My lower back is sending disconcerting shoots of intense pain... but thankfully, they last for a millisecond.  If that pain lasted more than a hint, I would be on the ground.
I am receiving a lot of help from various people who are kindly disposed.. but I have to face fact, that walking keyboard to the passenger front seat, unassisted, is a reality.

Case, suggestions.  I am inclined to wheels because I do not want to carry weight.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 04:11:29 PM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline Graham UK

Re: Back pain/ Carrying case, with wheels?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 05:01:24 PM »
sugarplumsss  You have my sympathy as I have suffered with lower back pain for 50 years.

Can't help you with equipment trolleys but thought I would pass on this Info:
I now have an Teeter Inversion Table to re leave my pain, it's not a cure but rather a maintenance which I use 5 minutes twice a day.
You may wish to look into Inversion Tables.
DGX670

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 09:17:43 PM »
There are lots of cases with wheels, most however, are hardshell cases that are fairly heavy, which precludes a solution to your problem.

I would suggest a lightweight, padded case, and using a Rock And Roller R-10 cart to transport your gear to and from your car. Then the only lifting involved would be to lift if from the cart and place it on your seat. The Rock And Roller R-10 sells for about $150 at most online stores.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 07:35:28 PM »
In order

But Thank you both.

I had heard being upside down ( when young I used to do the headstand )
if blood pressure is an issue, was not so good, for eyes, but who knows.

5 minutes does not seem too bad an idea. Cool idea.

A wal mart priced one, would not be too bad? Or avoid?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I own rock and roller
one of the heaviest with better wheels on both ends.
It is a bit much to carry.. but I do now and then, it is in the back seat.

But one thing for this procrastinator:
If I exit home an extra hour earlier, that permits me to very slowly pull the heavy cart out of back seat, etc etc.

The problem is moving keyboard from home to car.
A secret for your ears only, I left my organ clone IN PLAIN sight in the car... I just could not deal with moving it in and out and in and out.
I gig with it tonight Saturday, its been in car since Wed!!

Sunday is the t4's turn..
Moving it from home to car, and later car to home - I think wheels of some sort, is easiest on back.

Man alive... when you have a serious back situation ,  it is scary business, life altering visions pass before the shaken mind.

I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.