Author Topic: Drum style changes  (Read 4737 times)

kmspecialties

Drum style changes
« on: August 26, 2018, 02:45:49 PM »
Is there a way to change individual drums within a style

Offline Henni

Re: Drum style changes
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 05:48:55 PM »
Yes!

Recently discussed here.

Henni
...Fly Forever!

kmspecialties

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 12:34:42 AM »
Is style magic software is ugood for editing and changing styles  8)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 10:40:39 AM »
Is style magic software is ugood for editing and changing styles  8)

Yes, it is. Style Magic YA is a great software for editing styles. You can make complex styles with more than default 8 channels ;) writing different patterns on different chord types for Bass, or CHDs or whatever channel do you want;)

Play with it!

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 10:42:05 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline terryB

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »
Is there a way to change individual drums within a style

Yes you can do it from the keyboard, using style creator/drum set up. You can change individual drum parts to any others from any drum sets which exist in the keyboard ie presets or expansion/user.

This was covered in a recent tutorial by Soundpacks

Cheers
Terry

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 02:40:41 PM »

Yes you can do it from the keyboard, using style creator/drum set up. You can change individual drum parts to any others from any drum sets which exist in the keyboard ie presets or expansion/user.

This was covered in a recent tutorial by Soundpacks

Cheers
Terry

Indeed, but you can do this with only a single type of drum kits on the entire style. So if you have different drum kits on different parts of style, (ex. Acoustic Kit on Main A and Jazz Kit on Main B) you will loose this setup, because Yamaha will accept only a single drum kit for entire style and editing elements inside it! It will be written in SInt part of the style!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline panos

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 05:43:29 PM »
I assume you can still have a different drum kit for each Main/fill in of the style using the style creator by revoicing rhythm 2 (or/and rhythm1) while the style is playing.
Then you can got to tab "Edit" of the style creator to change the notes that the pattern of the new drum kit is using with more suitable sounds.
e.g chance the note E1 (which may be lets say a cymbal) with the note Ab3 (which maybe lets say a hit hat).
I am guessing that if I can do it on my older psr, you can do it also on a Genos.
(I don't know if it can be done also with revo drums and audio files,I cannot test it...)
Of course using stylemagic will be more easy to modify styles while you can do this on a pc.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:50:49 PM by panos »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 07:13:30 AM »
I assume you can still have a different drum kit for each Main/fill in of the style using the style creator by revoicing rhythm 2 (or/and rhythm1) while the style is playing.
Then you can got to tab "Edit" of the style creator to change the notes that the pattern of the new drum kit is using with more suitable sounds.
e.g chance the note E1 (which may be lets say a cymbal) with the note Ab3 (which maybe lets say a hit hat).
I am guessing that if I can do it on my older psr, you can do it also on a Genos.
(I don't know if it can be done also with revo drums and audio files,I cannot test it...)
Of course using stylemagic will be more easy to modify styles while you can do this on a pc.

panos, it was about editing elements inside drum truck, using Drum Setup function, not Step Edit page ;) And you cannot have more than one drum kit if you use drum setup function!
Look at the Genos Reference Manual, page 25, first green Note

Here I have to say that is a little bug on Genos (I don't know if in S975 it is, also): after editing process of a drum kit in drum setup function and go to step edit page, the sound of elements that we hear are from original drum kit, not from edited one, and this is a little bit annoying ...

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos