Author Topic: Where is the "solo"button?  (Read 2748 times)

Aussiejean

Where is the "solo"button?
« on: August 25, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
Maybe I  am looking for something that is not available !! If I have a Registration for the right hand with eg. Flute on R1 and strings on R2, is there a way that I can play a melody note with an arppegio fill under it so that the flute (and strings) is only on the top melody note, and my other fingers playing a fill, play strings only.. Is there a SOLO button somewhere  that I am missing. I thought I could do this with one of my other machines, but maybe not. My 7000 is also in hospital - must be an epidemic. Cheers Jean Olivia

Offline andyg

Re: Where is the "solo"button?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 10:06:39 PM »
Try setting the Flute to Mono mode, leaving the Strings in the normal polyphonic mode. You'll find that the required playing technique will have to be accurate so it might need a bit of practise, but I think it will do what you want. Haven't got a keyboard right here to check with.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Aussiejean

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 01:18:10 AM »
Thank you Andrew. I will try it out today. Jean.

Aussiejean

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 05:45:47 AM »
Andrew, I found the mono switch and can see what you mean by playing carefully, but with the right settings, it works quite well. Many thanks for your help. Jean.  :)