Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

i finger mode question

(1/2) > >>

ekurburski:
reading the lessons on playing single finger chords it explains everything in relation to the c chord.  to play a c minor play the c and one black note to the left.  How about the flat chords?  How do I play a eb min or ebm7?

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: ekurburski on August 23, 2018, 06:32:49 PM ---reading the lessons on playing single finger chords it explains everything in relation to the c chord.  to play a c minor play the c and one black note to the left.  How about the flat chords?  How do I play a eb min or ebm7?

--- End quote ---

Same way. Just count the semitones.

Cmaj is CEG = up 4 semis (from the name of the chord) then up 3. To add the 7th is up another 4.
Cm is up 3 then up 4.

The minor chord is not “a black key to the left”, it’s moving the middle note one semitone down.

Fred

ekurburski:
Don't think you understood my question Fred.  I know how to play the fingered chords.  My problem is the arthritis is getting so bad in the hands …...(particularly in the left hand) that I can't play them anymore.  I can play with one finger though.  even 2 and usually 3 so thinking of switching my style of playing.  I just need to know how to play the flat chords in ine finger mode as well.  Maybe I should just go to the keyboard and experiment till I figure it out!

Al Ram:
The Genos manual (page 46) provides the following examples for single finger chords:

C = Root key only
Cm = Root key + black key to the left
C7 = Root key + white key to the left
Cm7= Root key + white key to the left + black key to the left

Therefore to play Eb, i think you would play 

Eb = Root key only  (E flat or D sharp alone)
Ebm = Root key + black key to the left  (E flat + D flat)
Ebm7 = Root key + white key to the left + black key to the left ((E flat + D+ D flat)

i do not play single chords, so i am not entirely sure but i think that's it.

Hope this helps.

thanks

travlin-easy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXKc6pIwWKI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version