Author Topic: USB 3.0 type if you are recording Audio or playing back audio link multipads....  (Read 3690 times)

Offline manuel

Hello Friends

I am just a player that use some of the new features like Audio link Multipads, or record Audio many times on the PSR S970/975 (this also works on the PSR S670 of course) and on the Genos is not really necessary since it records into itīs internal solid state memory....

I demo mainly the Mexican Expansion Packs for the PSR S series, and usually use some acapellas on the Multipads....and since those depend on the USBs, I had a little issue (long time ago with then the PSR S950), playing an Audio Link Multipad playing in real time with styles.....and then stopped in the middle of my demo,  or if I was recording, would stop a few bars into it.....
I figure it out, so, I used a USB 3.0 and since then no problems at all...

Now my Demos/Clinics, go nice and smoothly with no trouble again.
So, my recommendation is that if you are going to record Audio in your PSR S series, make sure your USB is 3.0, those are easy to spot, USB 3.0 have a blue tab inside, the black tab is 2.0 
Faster writing and playing it back....

Just my 2 cents...

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline marius9

I can confirm what Manuel said. I had the same experience and got to the same conclusion.

SeaGtGruff

I had a little issue (long time ago with then the PSR S950), playing an Audio Link Multipad playing in real time with styles.....and then stopped in the middle of my demo,  or if I was recording, would stop a few bars into it.....

Thank you for sharing this, as I've seen other people talking about having this problem, and now I have something to suggest as a possible solution-- assuming the model they're using can access USB 3 drives okay, that is. I think some people who were using a model that can access only USB 2 drives said they fixed the issue by switching to a different brand of USB flash drive, or else by doing a complete reformat of the drive using the keyboard (not using a computer). So besides access speeds (which I'm told can vary from brand to brand), this sort of problem is probably related to the type of file system the drive is formatted with.

Offline Joe H

This Kingston 8GB drive works for me, but for one problem... if I remove it and then connect it again, sometimes the S970 does not see it and I have to reboot my keyboard.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingston-DT100G3-8GB-16GB-32GB-64GB-Data-Traveler-100-G3-USB-3-0-Flash-Pen-Drive/152055889769?epid=170031155&hash=item23673cbf69:m:m9GKb2oXLGnonAVN2KgNVjQ

Joe H
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 03:48:10 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline manuel

Hello Joe

I use several brands and I can tell you that PNY, Patriot, Samsung, Kingston, at several sizes, 8, 26, 32 and 64 Gigs....(I have one of 128Gigs and also works perfect), those so far have not let me down I have been using those for several years now.

The ones I will NOT recomment are the re-tracktable USBs of ANY brand, only a few times the system that re-track to cover the USB connector, stops working, breaking and then is an ordeal to connect......

My 2 Cents.

Manuel 
My 2 Cents

Manuel