Author Topic: Accessing the AUDIOROOT.REC folder  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Depo1964

Accessing the AUDIOROOT.REC folder
« on: August 21, 2018, 04:03:38 PM »
On page 152 of the Reference manual it says,

"Do not access the AUDIOREC.ROOT folder containing the audio files that you have recorded. If you access the folder or make changes to it (moving the folder or copying some files in the folder, etc.), your important data will be deleted or damaged".

I often go into the Subfolders and copy the .WAV files to my music computer and into Cubase.

Shouldn't Yamaha provice a  way to clean up subfolders?
A lot of the folders (starting with Audio_M) I believe, are failed attempts at doing some Recording --> Multi Recording.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline AlBags

Re: Accessing the AUDIOROOT.REC folder
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 04:12:45 PM »

YES! I think they should ... 8Gb is a BIG folder, especially when there is so much ..(what will turn out to be) junk in there.
I expect they are saying this because an index of the entries will be affected.

This needs properly investigating/testing.

Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 05:49:24 PM »
If it's the Audio-M files you want (and maybe delete them or move them somewhere else) press Recording, go to Audio Multi Recording and then touch the empty square at top left. All audio files, simple and multi are listed there.
As long as you manage them here in the official way (as opposed to accessing, moving or deleting on a computer) all should be well.

John
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:53:46 PM by jwyvern »

The following users thanked this post: Depo1964

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »
If it's the Audio-M files you want (and maybe delete them or move them somewhere else) press Recording, go to Audio Multi Recording and then touch the empty square at top left. All audio files, simple and multi are listed there.
As long as you manage them here in the official way (as opposed to accessing, moving or deleting on a computer) all should be well.

John
Thank you John.
Exactly what I was looking for.....
But one has to be careful when choosing the Delete button... and not mistakenly hitting the Select All button just to the left of it.
I wonder if there is a Backout  to Restore any files inadvertently previously deleted..