Author Topic: Foot Pedal Recording  (Read 2355 times)

Mike2

Foot Pedal Recording
« on: August 21, 2018, 01:46:03 PM »
When making a quick recording with the Genos,  is there a way to use a volume pedal, to control the volume level using the pedal while recording.
So that when you play back your recording, you can tell you are using a volume pedal. I am asked to record some liturgical music, and using a pedal for sound expression would make it sound better.
Thanks,
Mike..

keynote

Re: Foot Pedal Recording
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 02:25:12 PM »
Hi Mike,

No, from my experience you cannot use a volume pedal to control volume level when recording on the Genos. I have tried it with my Yamaha FC7 expression/volume pedal and was unable to get it to work. But you can control the volume to a certain extent since the keys are velocity sensitive. Pressing the keys harder will increase volume level in the recording and in the same way pressing the keys softer will decrease volume level in the recording of voice part(s) e.g. R1/R2/R3. The after-touch feature also works when recording too. Hope this helps.

Mike

Mike2

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 02:31:05 PM »
Well, I just checked the box for foot pedal in the memory button, and did a small recording. You have to increase the recording level, but when played back, you can hear the expression and volume control that you did while recording. You can see it on the monitoring record level as you are recording, you can see the volume level control, as you play louder or less.
I guess, the check mark was the issue.

keynote

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 03:42:09 PM »
I guess, the check mark was the issue.

That's good to know. Thanks for the update. PS: I tried it on a spur of the moment and didn't realize the pedal was unchecked in memory when I did the recording. Thanks again.

Mike