Author Topic: CC 64 and 66 on Genos  (Read 3487 times)

Seagull29

CC 64 and 66 on Genos
« on: August 21, 2018, 02:48:37 PM »
Hi,
I saw that in Tyros 5, with Style Creator, CC 64 and 66 (Sustain and Sustenuto) are not recorded when you create a style. Is it the same in Genos ? In internal sequencer, no problem, only in Style Creator.
Regards
Seagull29

Offline valimaties

Re: CC 64 and 66 on Genos
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 06:37:10 PM »
Hi,
I saw that in Tyros 5, with Style Creator, CC 64 and 66 (Sustain and Sustenuto) are not recorded when you create a style. Is it the same in Genos ? In internal sequencer, no problem, only in Style Creator.
Regards
Seagull29

Yes, is the same!

Vali Maties - Genos

Seagull29

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 08:33:17 PM »
Hi, thanks for your answer.
Well, that's a serious Yamaha mistake on such an expensive and "professional" device! I wonder if engineers of Yamaha are really musicians ! Playing piano without sustain pedal.....! Incredible !
Regards
Seagull29 from Germany (now)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 02:01:18 PM »
Hi, thanks for your answer.
Well, that's a serious Yamaha mistake on such an expensive and "professional" device! I wonder if engineers of Yamaha are really musicians ! Playing piano without sustain pedal.....! Incredible !
Regards
Seagull29 from Germany (now)

In style you can add Release Control. Editing channel you want to add sustain (release), you can even add more or less release to some notes. It is an advanced procedure, so take care where you insert the controls, and also take care that 64(or 63  ::) ??? ) is the zero/middle point for release control. Less than 64 is negative, more than 64 is positive.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Seagull29

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 02:38:39 PM »
Hi,
thanks for info but can you drive this control directly with sustain pedal ? Because when you play piano, you use sustain as by instinct, naturally. I think that it's not a really good solution but it's a solution ! And another problem: this control does'nt appear in list of avaliable controls to use in Style Creator ! So, how can you insert this one, where and with what ?
Regards
Seagull29
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:00:48 PM by Seagull29 »

Seagull29

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 04:41:45 PM »
Hi,
after test with a little midi file  (with CC64 in and piano sound) done in the internal sequencer of my T5 and turned as style with Midi2Style, these controls appear in the soft Mix Master when I load the style in but are not read with my T5 when I play with this test style ! I wonder how they made sustained pianos in style ! Perhaps with a piano sound and a long release, or playing the piano parts "Legato" ! Not very glorious for this device !
And CC72 (release) can't be inserted in events list of parts in Style creator !
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:56:36 PM by Seagull29 »