Author Topic: How do I connect Tyros backup from computer to Tyros 5?  (Read 3708 times)

Audrey Turner

How do I connect Tyros backup from computer to Tyros 5?
« on: August 19, 2018, 06:40:22 PM »
Hello Friends,

I've recently sold my Genos and returned to the Tyros 5-61 and before doing so, I backed up the T5 on my computer and now I want to put all my 'stuff' onto the current T5.  I have done this many times in the past but now age is catching up with me and I've completely forgotten how to do it. I'd appreciate help with this as I don't want to accidentally delete all that is on the backup.  Thanks in advance.

Audrey Turner

Offline EileenL

Re: How do I connect Tyros backup from computer to Tyros 5?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 03:14:32 PM »
Hi Audrey,
  Sorry you did not get on with Genos as it is the best keyboard by Yamaha so far.
To answer your question.
Connect the T5 to your computer as normal and on the computer screen will be a new drive listed as TYROS5HD

So you don't get any interruptions whilst doing this switch off your modem, antivirus and screen savers.

Go to the device that the backup of T5 is located on, navigate to the folder which will be listed as TYROS5HDD showing on the left hand side of the computer screen, you need to click on this folder to expand it and on the right hand side will be a list of all the folders and files contained therein.

Select the very first folder, hold the shift key down on the computer keyboard and scroll right down to the very last folder still holding the shift key down, click on the last file using the left button of the mouse and then release the shift key and mouse button, all the files and folders will be highlighted in blue, now right click with the mouse on any part that is blue and from the drop down menu select COPY,
Next go to the TYROS5HDD folder and right click on it, which will turn blue, from the drop down menu select PASTE
This will start the copying process, depending the speed of your hard drives and how much data is being transferred to the T5 will govern the time it will take, be prepared for several hours.
When finished remove the keyboard from the computer in the usual manner by use of the “Safely remove hard ware “ icon.
Now switch your modem back on, antivirus and screen savers.
This is how Yamaha advise we do it for the best result. I have done mine and everything works fine with all links in tacked

Offline Fred Smith

Re: How do I connect Tyros backup from computer to Tyros 5?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 03:18:41 PM »
Hello Friends,

I've recently sold my Genos and returned to the Tyros 5-61 and before doing so, I backed up the T5 on my computer and now I want to put all my 'stuff' onto the current T5.  I have done this many times in the past but now age is catching up with me and I've completely forgotten how to do it. I'd appreciate help with this as I don't want to accidentally delete all that is on the backup.  Thanks in advance.

Power on while holding down the Music Finder button.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons