Author Topic: Cicada Page Flip and Songbook+ ?  (Read 7094 times)

Offline Bob88

Cicada Page Flip and Songbook+ ?
« on: August 14, 2018, 08:56:05 PM »
I have a Cicada Page Flip to turn pages in Songbook+.   I was able to pair it with my Tyros 5 but not my Genos. It is not recognized on the Genos.  The Genos does indicate  my MD-BT01 midi device but does not list the Cicada Page turner. Looking fa solution.  Thank you. Bob

Pino

Re: Cicada Page Flip and Songbook+ ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 03:17:04 AM »
Hi Bob

If you save your song on 2 registrations then you don’t need any ‘page flip’ to turn pages.
Simply press Reg 2 to go to the second page and Reg 1 to go back to page 1.

Pino

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 04:08:37 AM »
I use Songbook to change the pages.

I have a NextPage and PrevPage midi file. At the point I need to turn the page, I switch to a new registration which has the appropriate midi file.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bob88

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 02:22:50 PM »
 Pino and Fred:  Thank you for your suggestions. Bob

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 05:10:38 PM »
I use Songbook to change the pages.

I have a NextPage and PrevPage midi file. At the point I need to turn the page, I switch to a new registration which has the appropriate midi file.

Fred

Fred,
this is very interesting, because i am turning pages manually (with my finger on iPad).   thanks to your post, i just learned you can do that with registration using SongBook. 

can you please tell me what to put and where in the NextPage midifile.   I do not think i need the PrevPage.

thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 05:59:46 PM »
Fred,
this is very interesting, because i am turning pages manually (with my finger on iPad).   thanks to your post, i just learned you can do that with registration using SongBook. 

can you please tell me what to put and where in the NextPage midifile.   I do not think i need the PrevPage.

thanks in advance.

Attached are the files I use. Next Page is "Action on key 1", and Next Page 2 is "Action on key 4".

You need two files because registrations will not initialize a midi file twice in a row. Once the registration has sent out an "action on key 1" cc, it won't send it out again without some intervening signals, of which there are none (at least in my case). So I have one file to change the odd pages, and one for the even.

This behavior has its uses because it allows you to trigger the same registration (to get a fill, for example) in the middle of the page.

Cheers,
Fred

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:14:43 PM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »
Fred
thanks a lot for the midi files. 

It is extremely helpful.    I will try them later today or tomorrow. 

It is appreciated.

have a great day.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 02:14:29 AM »
Fred
thanks a lot for the midi files to turn to next page.

I did not respond before because only today i had a chance to test the midi files.

This is what i did:

I have a 2-page PDF in SongBoook+ linked to a Genos registration.   This is an 8-button registration.  When i call the SongBook+ song, it successfully loads the Genos registration and display the corresponding PDF starting on page 1.

I saved the NextPage midi file to SongA of registration/button 7, which is where i want to turn to page 2 in SongBook+/PDF.   However, when pressing button 7, the PDF did not move to next page, it stays on page 1.   

I believe this is probably due to the fact that i am no longer using midi files to link SongBook+ to Genos and i am using the new linking method without midi files.     There is probably a setup in SongBook+ that i am missing.  It looks like SongBook+ is not receiving the midi command to turn to page 1.

I will check the SongBook+ settings and will continue testing.   

Reading the SongBook+ manual, i also found that there is a SongBook+ command "Go to Page n" for 'Actions on Open, start and end'.   I will also play with this.   But will probably require to break my PDF file into two separate files which i do not really want to do. 

I really appreciate your help and will continue testing.

thanks a lot.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana