Author Topic: New website warns to stay away from psr-tutorial and other forums  (Read 14801 times)

Offline AlBags

Re: New website warns to stay away from psr-tutorial and other forums
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2018, 07:43:56 PM »

1 word won it! Absolute classic!

😂😂😂

Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline jm

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2018, 01:30:10 PM »
Many Thanks for the warning ⚠️ I will let as,Many people as possible know.
Maybe this is where the 0ld Files went to? Why can’t these idiots put there time towards
Something useful? Obviously because he/she is a WASTE OF SPACE! How pathetic!
maybe I’ll get an invitation now🙀.
jm
Late Learner! Not blessed with any musical ability!☹️ But love music!  I use headphones so as not offend my husband or anyone else 😂Tyros 3 now Tyros 5.

Offline Afton72

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2018, 01:26:34 AM »
Ha Ha, Yes,   I found my invitation as a new member, in the Spam folder this morning, it stayed there. It went with the rest of the rubbish. ;D.
                            Alan

Offline Denn

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2019, 02:38:44 PM »
Hello All, It is now July 2019 and I have just received "THE EMAIL"

Just thought that you all would like to know.

You will therefore receive a username and a new password.

Username:    den 
Password: ------

Our new website name is chellossongstyles.com

The old one will still be active for a few months,
but will be closed when all content has moved over.
[/i]

Regards, Denn
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 09:30:13 PM by SeaGtGruff »
Love knitting dolls

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2019, 09:34:59 PM »
Hi, Denn! I just edited your post to replace that password with dashes, so no one reading your post here could use that information to log in as you there. Best to never post any information like that, even to a site you never plan to visit, as malicious people could use it to cause trouble disguised as you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 09:36:09 PM by SeaGtGruff »
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710

Offline alanclare

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2019, 07:43:18 AM »
I'm reading all the things to do with this dude, many may be effective, and the best way to deal this guy is to IGNORE him. Don in MI
Excellent advice Don. I shall do just that.

Alan

Online hans1966

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2019, 02:02:53 AM »
Hello Friends, I also got an email from that guy Chello two days ago. The first thing I did was eliminate it. He is a NOT pleasant person. Greetings. Hans  >:(

Offline beykock

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2019, 06:36:41 AM »
Who cares ? 👅💤

Babette
NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline EileenL

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2019, 12:47:14 PM »
(Who Cares)?? Many people I think who have been hood winked by this person.

Offline whataguy

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2019, 07:30:11 PM »
WOW, this should dude is still making waves, I feel so VIOLINated!  Don in MI

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2019, 07:33:19 AM »
Hi

Never discuss with idiots.
They will drag you down to their level.
And there you can not win the debate because they have home advantage there.

Jørgen  ;)  ;)
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline Toril S

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2019, 09:50:02 AM »
Well said Jørgen!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Toril S

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2019, 07:55:41 PM »
I have also got THE EMAIL! From PSR Tutorial. Thought it was one of you friends, but then I saw the name chello.
Toril S

and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2019, 07:59:34 PM »
I wasn't here when that guy was around,
All I heard was he's not a good guy.

Offline elad770

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2019, 06:43:28 AM »
I wasn't here when that guy was around,
All I heard was he's not a good guy.

So, if you weren't here, why do you care? It's called: hearsay and it's pretty childish. Those who had issues with the guy, expressed that over here even though i don't see the point

Everybody are talking and issue warnings as if he's some sort of a Mega Terrorist. I don't know what happened and i also wasn't here. Don't know the guy but who cares?

Not worth the negativity that everyone is spreading here. Don't see the point.

Offline mikf

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2019, 09:56:06 AM »
So, if you weren't here, why do you care? It's called: hearsay and it's pretty childish. Those who had issues with the guy, expressed that over here even though i don't see the point

Everybody are talking and issue warnings as if he's some sort of a Mega Terrorist. I don't know what happened and i also wasn't here. Don't know the guy but who cares?

Not worth the negativity that everyone is spreading here. Don't see the point.
Its called conversation Elad - its what people do on forums. What they should not do ( at least on this forum) is refer to other members as childish.
Mike

Offline elad770

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2019, 02:04:20 PM »
Dear mikf

I'm not sure what is you English background, and I don't mean to cast dispersion here, but as a moderator, you must be extra careful when you read someone's post because you might take things out of context which is exactly what you just did.

When i say: "It's called: hearsay and it's pretty childish" - That means that the act is childish. The act can be Rude, it doesn't mean the person is rude. The words and actions might be bad, it doesn't mean that the person is bad. No one was referring to anyone as childish. In fact, that's not even proper English. The act is being childish, But when you refer someone you refer him as a child, which I obviously did not do

I never in the past and never in the future will use personal comments against anyone! We have a saying: "Hate the act but not the actor."
It is ok to say that your behavior is childish (even better when you explain why, as I did) but it's not respectful to call someone and say: you are a child - Huge difference that you as a moderator must understand and realize. Overall I do appreciate your work and efforts here, and I think you simply took it out of context by mistake as you like everyone here are automatically affected by the negative consensus.

To the heart of the matter:

You can check my posts, and you will find out how much I care about people be able to express themselves and not being shut down just because others don't like it. Trust me, if there's an advocator for open discussion (as long as it's respectful with no personal comments) that will be me.

But..... This is not a discussion, with all due respect.

A group of people had a terrible experience with someone - Ok, understandable. I don't know if we are talking about criminal acts or just differences of opinions that went south. I really don't care.
As Babbet was saying loud and clear - who cares? What is the point of all this? To prevent the guy from "stealing" members?

I don't get it If tomorrow I will open a store for example that sells Yamaha products I'm definitely shooting an email to the most prominent Yamaha players resource which is this forum. Is that a crime?
So, the guy has a forum and would like to recruit members. What is the crime here? Why this is so elevated. Simply reject the invite. Do we open threads over every member we don't like here?

And again, Talking negatively and warning the public from someone as if this is some sort of a disease or a plague is NOT a discussion.  It's cheap Gossip that doesn't serve any purpose
Don't get me wrong! I consider EileenL and others here, to be honest people (even though I don't personally know them) because I have no reason to think otherwise and love everyone
I understand that something did happen. What I don't appreciate is people who just out of nowhere with no connection to this, saying that: I don't know what happen, but I heard he's' not a good guy. - I think that this is a terrible comment like many other comments here. Again, I have no idea what you guys are even talking about, but I will never think of people badly just because someone told me they are bad and i will not consider this as part of a healthy discussion. We can agree to disagree whether this is an acceptable discussion topic but while you are considering my view, let me ask you this:

If a regular member like me, not a senior member or a moderator will open up a thread that warns people from communicating with Babbet (just an example of course) just because I can't stand her or feel she did something offensive to me, How fast will you erase such a thread? Try to answer honestly
I think that the only reason this thread sticks and not being removed is that the author and other senior members who I respect, were subjected to this. If it were anybody else, you would expect all members to resolve their differences outside of this forum and not use the platform as a battlefield. Again - Definitely not a discussion or a conversation!

Sincerely
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 02:48:05 PM by elad770 »

The following users thanked this post: wersianer, Mikk

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2019, 03:25:36 PM »
So, the guy has a forum and would like to recruit members. What is the crime here? Why this is so elevated. Simply reject the invite. Do we open threads over every member we don't like here?

In my case, I did not get an 'invitation' to join his forum.  Instead I received an email informing me that I had been enrolled as a member of his forum, and which included a username and password!  This was totally unsolicited and without me ever even visiting his forum!

If you think that this is a reasonable way to 'recruit' members then so be it.  :o  However I do not, and I do object to this, which to me indicates the dubious character of this individual. He could have avoided any ill feelings about himself by simply submitting a post to this forum about his own, inviting people to take a look. Instead he chose to 'enlist' users without their consent.

It also suggests that he is trying to boost the membership of his forum, perhaps to attract others, which presumably means that he is having difficulties achieving this by legitimate means!

Regards

Ian

Offline mikf

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2019, 03:47:01 PM »
This is not a member but a third party interest not only using unfair access to our members to  plug their product, but also to warn them not to use this site. They are fair game for this negative reaction from members.
BTW, my understanding of the English language is excellent.
Mike

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2019, 04:35:14 PM »
I agree with elad770 that there's no need to continue this discussion. By now everyone is aware of the other forum and the manner in which the owner is recruiting new members. If you get the email and don't want to be a member there, either ignore it, or use the provided information to log in there and then change the password so it's one that the owner doesn't have access to.

I can also understand why people are upset at having been added to a site without their permission. Recently I also got a "complimentary" membership to a paid monthly music service, with the first month being free. If I wanted to continue the service, all I had to do was add my credit card number to my account. What?!? And if I don't add my credit card and they decide to leave my account open after the first free month, does that mean it will show up on my credit report as unpaid bills?!? Now that was much more offensive to me than simply being added to a forum. 😳

But please, let's all stop beating this particular dead horse and just move on to constructive topics.
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710

The following users thanked this post: wersianer, Mikk

Offline Toril S

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2019, 05:32:10 PM »
Agreed. Sorry for waking up the thread again!😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.