Author Topic: Registrations And Playlist - Help  (Read 11775 times)

Offline dh110953

Registrations And Playlist - Help
« on: November 13, 2018, 04:18:46 PM »
I have read through several of the previous topics but I still left wondering and need some help.

Like others I too have now created several Registration Banks where each on the registration (buttons 1 to 10) relate to a particular song. In each case I set up the OTS to my liking so lets say Reg Bank 1 has a button which I names the title of the song for example in Registration Bank 2 (which is called Xmas Songs 1) - button number 1 is titled Fairy Tale of New York, Button 2 is White Xmas, Button 3 is Do They Know Its Xmas.  I hope this is clear.

Of Coarse, when I open up the Registration Bank I only see the the Bank Name (Xmas Song 1) and to see the song title I then need to press pone of the reg buttons where the title will then show on the screen (Home Page on the top line) or if in the Regist Bank screen Menu and Regist Bank Information.

In hindsight this may not be the best way and have now populated 8 Registration Banks (80 songs in total), before I go any further I want to improve matters to make it easier.

I thought copying the Register Bank and then the button to a Playlist would solve the problem, and perhaps it will but this method does not bring the Title of the song across and to do this I would have to manually type the title in again - which seems both daft and long winded: Question, is there any way to bring the title across automatically ?

I also think going forward of having a single song on a Registration Bank - and therefore having the potential of 10 setting for the same song - this may be useful for some arrangements and as I get better. But, question, is there any way I can COPY an individual registration button and save it as a New Registration Bank, with all the settings and the Song Title - I appreciate this would only be to a single button. If not, I am yet again faced with the task of manually retyping 80 songs into the Genos which is ling winded on the onscreen keyboard.

I am quite happy to export the files out of the Genos and into the laptop (Macbook) if this helps but again I am not sure how to do this. I have managed to copy the .rgt files onto a USB but how do I then edit this (if it's possible) and then put it back into the Genos.

I am new to the Genos, yes, I have been through the manual and forums but still struggling to find out how to do what in theory should be a simple copy and paste routine.

Hope some Genos Guru out there can point me in the right direction. If its not possible then I guess I have few hours work reeking song titles or setting up from scratch again. :(

Thanks

David
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registrations And Playlist - Help
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »
Hi David,

You've come to the right place. Here are my thoughts:

1. There are lots of software solutions available, but, unfortunately, your Mac isn't going to be much help. You really need a PC.

2. I don't know of any way of copying the button name to the Playlist title. If you're tired of typing in names, you can create the Playlist on your own. It's just a .tsv (tab separated value) file. Excel (as least on a PC) can create and work with them. I've also used Google Sheets with them.

3. I'm a great fan of one registration bank per song. If you want to go that route, there's a marvellous program written by Murray Best which will create the 80 files for you all in one batch. If you don't have access to a PC, then zip the registrations and post them here. We can convert them for you.

4. To access your keyboard files with a computer, use 'USB Storage mode' (don't ask why they call it that), which you access by holding down the Playlist button when you power on. You need to connect your keyboard through the USB to Host port using a standard printer cable. When you connect and power on, the keyboard will look like an external drive to your computer, and you can use File Explorer to, for example, rename or move files.

Sorry for all the PC language, but I'm not familiar with Mac  computers.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline dh110953

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 06:10:35 PM »
Hi Fred: Thank you for your offer. Ironically, I have been using your site for much of my help on the Tyros I used to have and in fact you are "pinned" to my browser so your offer of help is wonderful.

Being retired I now have limited access to other IT and as my own laptop is a Macbook I don't actually have a Windows PC though I may be tempted to get one if it will help

In mean time, if I can take up your offer I am attaching my registrations in the hope these can be converted to one bank per song.

Note, in this case each of the Registrations is called 0x Songbook. This is because I also use Songbook+ with the Genos and I have to say it is a great bit of software. All registrations are now linked to the scores on my iPad.

Thanks Again

David

[attachment deleted by admin]
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

The following users thanked this post: Jacob

Offline murrayb

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 11:23:10 PM »
Hi David:

I created the Export function in YRM so that a user could create new individual banks from the buttons within a single bank. 

As Fred suggested, it only took me a few minutes to create the 72 banks in the attached.

Enjoy!

Murray

[attachment deleted by admin]
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

The following users thanked this post: Jacob

Offline dh110953

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 12:18:38 PM »
Hi Murray and Fred,

Just saying THANK YOU does not seem enough, you have saved me loads of time, or expense in buying a Windows system (pension only goes so far). But, Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You....

Regards

David

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 01:02:52 PM »
Hi David,
  Do you name your registration buttons to the song titles as you make your banks. If so you will find by pressing the Menu and Reg Bank info you will see your titles and know what is on each button.